Grumpy about Updates

Started by solops, October 05, 2019, 08:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

All of the games I am hot to play are waiting on "imminent" updates: Interstellar Space Genesis, TW Warhammer II, FOG Empires, Deity Empires. I may have to break down and play one of the 25 or 30 fascinating games I have bought but never played.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

-budd-

Thought FOG Empires just got a big update. I picked up Deity Empires about two weeks ago, and have 35 hours in already, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite 4X games. There's is a beta for Deity Empires that has been available for awhile.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

solops

FOGE did just get an update, but several problems have popped up, which the devs say have already been addressed in v1.05. I find it less than appealing to start into the game under those circumstances. The same with ISG. I might go back to Deity Empires, but I read an update is in the works there as well. And TW Hammer2 has a beta out that I am waiting to be finalised so I can use my mods.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

airboy

You seem to suffer from the same first world problems that I do.    :hug:

solops

Quote from: airboy on October 05, 2019, 10:27:37 PM
Yeah, life is tough. In my defense I had a tooth extraction AND a root canal/bone implant this week.

Redwolf

Steel Beasts update is out. Good enough for me :D

DoctorQuest

Quote from: solops on October 06, 2019, 11:07:54 AM
Yeah, life is tough. In my defense I had a tooth extraction AND a root canal/bone implant this week.

You seriously deserve to be grumpy.  >:( Hope you start feeling better after all that.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

airboy

Quote from: solops on October 06, 2019, 11:07:54 AM

I'm sorry to hear this.  I pray that you have a full and speedy recovery.

solops

Thanks. I was expecting to work the sympathy angle on my wife, but even that has flopped as she and one of her sisters took off for a ladies-only-retreat.
First-world problems indeed.
Grump, grump, grump....

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Bone implants are somewhat common if you have a serious tooth issue.  A brother had one when he got an infection with a bad tooth.  They had to pull the tooth, scrape out the infection and let it heal up a bit.  The come back and put in cadaver bone and seal it all up in a 2nd procedure.  He opted out for having an artificial molar put in since he had all of the other teeth.

solops

Quote from: Gusington on October 06, 2019, 01:44:01 PM
Bone implant??   :o
Yeah! They take some ground bone from a cadaver or one of a couple of animals, mix it with some goo to make a cement and fill the gaping hole in your jaw from the tooth extraction with it. Then when it hardens they can screw a new tooth into the reconstituted bone material. It's fun and exciting! You should try it! Soon!

WYBaugh

I had a root canal on Monday.  Along with my broken heel I'm grumpy right along with you.

airboy

Quote from: WYBaugh on October 06, 2019, 01:53:52 PM
I had a root canal on Monday.  Along with my broken heel I'm grumpy right along with you.

Ouch - I recommend naps and good liquor. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd