Main Menu

NFL QB's on Facebook

Started by Arctic Blast, March 25, 2013, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

"Let's Talk Legacy"

First, kudos to the PFM guys for this tribute to Robin Williams: 

ANDY DALTON Heaven has a football team?

GHOST OF REGGIE WHITE Yep. Also a comedy club with a pretty great new act.

I think I enjoyed the wrap-up the most, though.  Wilson only gets one line, and it's at the end, but he makes it count!  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

And now for something a little different......

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/nissan/heisman/2014/#!/

Short clips and most are amusing, at the least  :)

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 28, 2014, 08:31:53 PM
the Onion gets in on the NFL humor

http://www.theonion.com/articles/vikings-intrigued-by-matt-cassels-ability-to-get-t,36807/
Ha!  Well until that far-off day we once again have a decent receiver corps, odds are good that's primarily what Cassel will be doing.  :P 

Speaking of the Onion getting in on NFL humor, I winced on Banzai Cat's behalf when I read this one: 

http://www.theonion.com/articles/texans-confident-they-have-right-pieces-in-place-t,36509/

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

BanzaiCat

Ha!

Well, I don't pay attention to preseason. The fans and the local sports figures make me cringe, acting like we're a game or two from the Super Bowl. It's PREseason, folks. Not to be taken seriously. Like the movie Iron Sky.

MetalDog

Martok, they may not be Jerry Rice and John Taylor, but, Percy Harvin and Greg Jennings are pretty good.  And with Norv Turner calling the plays, they should be able to show it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-facebook-wanna-bet/   <-- kind of "meh" to me...  nothing jumped out at me in this one

Quote from: Martok on August 19, 2014, 01:06:46 PM"Let's Talk Legacy"

Somehow missed this one altogether.  The Robin Williams tribute was nice, but the only really funny part was Russell Wilson's appearance at the very end.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Quote from: MetalDog on August 29, 2014, 09:49:57 PM
Martok, they may not be Jerry Rice and John Taylor, but, Percy Harvin and Greg Jennings are pretty good.  And with Norv Turner calling the plays, they should be able to show it.

Percy Harvin is in Seattle, and his porcelain knees will give out around week 4. Cordarelle Patterson is in Minnesota.  :)

Still, they currently have Matt Cassel throwing the ball in their general direction sometimes. Best to keep the hopes in check under those dire circumstances.

Martok

Martok, they may not be Jerry Rice and John Taylor, but, Percy Harvin and Greg Jennings are pretty good. 
Um, did Harvin defect from the Seahawks when I wasn't looking? 

And with Norv Turner calling the plays, they should be able to show it.
Okay, now I know you're just mocking me.  >:( 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 30, 2014, 06:30:30 AM
http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-facebook-wanna-bet/   <-- kind of "meh" to me...  nothing jumped out at me in this one
Oh, I don't know.  I found the running gag of Brees forced to be Romo's best friend for a year to be pretty funny. 

I was also amused by this bit: 
MARSHAWN LYNCH BEAST MODE GETTING IN GAME SHAPE FOR NFL REGULAR-SEASON. SPENT SUNDAY MORNING DOING JUMPING JACKS AS PART OF EXERCISE ROUTINE.

ANDY DALTON Jumping jacks? Lynch, by any chance, were you in the central California region at the time?

MARSHAWN LYNCH YES. BEAST MODE APOLOGIZE FOR CAUSING 6.2 BEASTQUAKE THAT DAMAGED PUNY NEW 49ERS STADIUM OF TROUSERS.

Martok

Jets, Bills, Dolphins Merge To Form AFC East Mega-Team In Hopes Of Defeating Patriots

QuoteBut now, New England will tremble against the combined quarterbacking prowess of Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill, and E.J. Manuel... hmm, perhaps we haven't fully thought this plan through."
:2funny:

MetalDog

Sorry about that Harvin thing.  I meant Patterson.  And I mean that Norv will make it good.  You just play in a division where the other three teams have better overall talent.

Bison

MetalDog

As a head coach?  Absolutely.  But, as an OC, he's pretty boss.  You'll like your offense this year.

Bison

No, because all I will be able to think about is how much I hate Norv Turner and I might as well give up my allegiance to the Vikings and go all in for the Chiefs.

MetalDog

So now I have to root for the Chiefs to suck?  I like the Chiefs.  Plus, they've won a Super Bowl.  Over the Vikings, as a matter of fact.  Why do you hate the Chiefs enough to root for them?  Please don't.