Making History: The Great War to release on Steam Early Access on April 4th

Started by MuzzyDev, March 19, 2014, 02:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Sounds like there will be a steam version and a direct version from your site.  If you buy from your site, do we also get steam key?  Or just one or the other?

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: bbmike on March 20, 2014, 07:49:15 PM
For me it's all about Making History and not just replaying what actually happened yet again.

This is exactly why I'm excited. Sure, war will probably break out at some point, but the fact that we have the ability to play our country before the war begins, means we can probably alter the way it unfolds...which means the way it proceeds will be different, too.

Most other WWI games begin after war has already been declared. This is very different, and hopefully easier to play than pr0n.

I've got my pants down and my wallet open. Let the fun begin.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 19, 2014, 02:36:45 PM
What's the cost for early access?

Found my own answer over at the official forums....

"The earlier you get the game, the less it will cost. Full price at release will be $39.99. Early Access launch price is $19.99."

With that price and the WW1 game material, just about a no brainer for me.

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 22, 2014, 06:08:25 PM

"The earlier you get the game, the less it will cost. Full price at release will be $39.99. Early Access launch price is $19.99."

Then again if it MH2 is anything to go by you should be able to pick it up at less than the Early Access price once it has been released and has had enough patches to make it playable.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on March 22, 2014, 07:09:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 22, 2014, 06:08:25 PM

Then again if it MH2 is anything to go by you should be able to pick it up at less than the Early Access price once it has been released and has had enough patches to make it playable.

yep, that is certainly your choice.....but I prefer to get an earlier look at it and $19 is not much of an investment even if it is half that price sometime after its official release.

Wolfe1759

Then again (again!) if $19 = £12 (i.e. no regional pricing) I might make an exception to my aversion to Early Access / Beta / Pre-order purchases. I'm currently reading A J P Taylor's War by the Timetable: How the First World War Began so the idea of MHTGW is appealing at that price even if I've not really got into MH1 or MH2.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on March 22, 2014, 07:43:53 PM
Then again (again!) if $19 = £12 (i.e. no regional pricing) I might make an exception to my aversion to Early Access / Beta / Pre-order purchases. I'm currently reading A J P Taylor's War by the Timetable: How the First World War Began so the idea of MHTGW is appealing at that price even if I've not really got into MH1 or MH2.

Not sure of the currency.....only info I found is what I copied and pasted over here in US dollars....one would think they should be even, but not sure.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MuzzyDev

Our general plan for Early Access is to release with one nation playable - Germany, and gradually add all the other Great Powers and ultimately all nations.  The goal is craft a different gameplay experience for each Power.  Different objectives, victory conditions, etc.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

Gusington

What's the timetable for the release of the subsequent nations?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MuzzyDev

Quote from: Gusington on March 24, 2014, 07:57:17 AM
What's the timetable for the release of the subsequent nations?
We're planning on doing an update about every two weeks.  Each one should have a new nation enabled. 

Note that Early Access on our site will NOT begin April 4th.  It will probably be a couple weeks later.  April 4 is Steam only.
Chris Parsons

JasonPratt

I may or may not wait until Russia is available, as that's who I'll be playing in the Big Crossover. (Them or the Ottomans, but I think some of the games don't allow Ottoman as a separate play choice.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MuzzyDev

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 24, 2014, 11:27:03 AM
I may or may not wait until Russia is available, as that's who I'll be playing in the Big Crossover. (Them or the Ottomans, but I think some of the games don't allow Ottoman as a separate play choice.)

You will absolutely be able to play the Ottomans in TGW. 

Chris--
Chris Parsons

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd