Feedback on TANKSgiving Review of Field Commander: Rommel

Started by bayonetbrant, November 29, 2014, 08:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Nice review!

Now I'm tempted to get it. Those mounted boards sound nice.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GroggyGrognard

Wonderful review!

I have a copy of Field Commander: Napoleon which was my first introduction to the Field Commander series. Great solitaire game. I have for a few years now mulled over purchasing Field Commander: Rommel.

IIRC from what I've read, what makes the deluxe edition 'deluxe' over the original edition are the extra thick counters, mounted maps and a bigger game box.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

BanzaiCat

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on November 29, 2014, 10:37:51 PM
IIRC from what I've read, what makes the deluxe edition 'deluxe' over the original edition are the extra thick counters, mounted maps and a bigger game box.

Very true, GG. I only found that out at the last minute after some research, about the 'original' version. DVG definitely delivers great components in those Deluxe versions. I have a copy of Phantom Leader now awaiting my attention - I watched an unboxing vid on YouTube that described the difference between the two. I'm glad I have the Deluxe version. :)

I also have Field Commander: Alexander, but I've yet to get through a full game of it. No offense to the game at all - I've just not taken the time for it, yet.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath