Main Menu

UNPLUGGING TAPATALK

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2015, 05:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Just wondering if people are still having this issue. It's become bad for me again when connecting through my mobile hotspot. Grogheads is the only site that has this issue for me some I'm suspecting either forum software or a server issue.
That said, I'm not complaining or demanding justice or anything. It sucks for me but if it's just me I can live with that.  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Emeraldlis

If I'm out of the house and I want to check out GH on my phone (it's an iPhone ....one of the older models ) I've  had some issues with the site , for instance it sometimes won't let me post ....takes forever ! And it wouldn't let me listen to more than 10 minutes of the grog cast :(  BUT since I've updated this time , I've had no problems , I can listen to the grogcast now through my phone when I'm driving for instance  8)  and I've had no problems with the site being slow  :)

I don't know why this particular update has fixed those issues , because before when I've updated it didn't seem to make a difference !  If I get problems again , I'll post about it , but so far , so good  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bbmike

Thanks, Emeraldlis. I usually use my iPhone to connect to the internet with a laptop I have during the day. Grogheads is the only site that I have trouble with.
But you have given me an idea! I need to try visiting the site just with the iPhone to see if that has any problems.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

Since I switched to and Android phone a month ago, I have trouble with Gorgheads loading there.  I also got a hotspot device that I use with my laptop and it also has issues with Grogheads.  Both the phone and the hotspot are on Verizon. Grogheads is the only site I have any issues with on both devices.  Using my home computer with my DSL I have no problems. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Is it the entire site, or just the forums?

Do you have the Tapatalk app installed?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Just the forums and no, I don't have Tapatalk.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Ok, thx. Well look into it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

Quote from: Emeraldlis on May 21, 2016, 08:23:26 AM
If I'm out of the house and I want to check out GH on my phone (it's an iPhone ....one of the older models ) I've  had some issues with the site , for instance it sometimes won't let me post ....takes forever ! And it wouldn't let me listen to more than 10 minutes of the grog cast :(  BUT since I've updated this time , I've had no problems , I can listen to the grogcast now through my phone when I'm driving for instance  8)  and I've had no problems with the site being slow  :)

I don't know why this particular update has fixed those issues , because before when I've updated it didn't seem to make a difference !  If I get problems again , I'll post about it , but so far , so good  O0

I'm not sure that listening to a grogcast whilst driving is wise. Strapped into a chair, yes. Driving..........risky.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

I listened to most of season 3 while driving to Florida last month!  :D
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Emeraldlis

Well Bob , it can be rather distracting at times listening in the car .....concentrating to much on what's being said , rather than the road !! :crazy2: but I do have to drive long distances at times during the week , so it's perfect for listening to in the car , it's just like having the radio on really  :)

bbmike I hope that worked out for you listening to the phone directly ,rather than hooking it up to your laptop  :)  I've also just recently discovered that if I buy an "AUX "cable , I can hook my phone up to my car radio and have it play through the car speakers . So I'm gonna give that a try , hopefully the sound will be louder as well :) I'm sure most of you guys know that already and I'm just as usual playing catch up !! :D
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

MetalDog

I'm just stunned that there are people outside of America that know what a MetalDog sounds like  :idiot2:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Emeraldlis

Quote from: MetalDog on May 23, 2016, 09:30:52 PM
I'm just stunned that there are people outside of America that know what a MetalDog sounds like  :idiot2:

Hahaha , you're famous .......or infamous !!!!  :smiley6600:

bob48

Mickey Mouse wears a 'MetalDog' tee shirt.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Forums have been very slow loading in the past 24 hours. I've been mostly at home on a wired connection when viewing. Other sites have been fine, no lag.

Front end site is pokey too, but not as noticeable as the forums.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus