Main Menu

UNPLUGGING TAPATALK

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2015, 05:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Maybe the servers' hamster wheel bearings need grease? It couldn't hurt to let the hamsters themselves rest a little as well.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 30, 2016, 03:38:44 PM
It couldn't hurt to let the hamsters themselves rest a little as well.

I've been telling that to Star for years.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

I thought we'd had a technobabble upgrade to Lemmings - with a little drop-down picture of a cliff for when we needed a turbo boost.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

The lemmings upgrade is only available from the Microsoft Store and requires Win 10.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

bob48

Back to the drawing board then.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Any better tonight?  I ran some maintenance updates
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I've been on my phone for the past couple hours and it's been fine.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Yup. Aces now.

I hope that the hamster union demands were reasonable.

mirth

bbmike

Seems a bit faster but still slower than normal for me.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Give the hamsters a break. Star is demanding.

Emeraldlis

The groggy hamsters are powering my wheel just fine ....give them a raise I say !   O:-)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Silent Disapproval Robot

Slower that ever for me now.

mirth

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 01, 2016, 01:25:01 PM
Slower that ever for me now.

I'm still getting slow load times on PC with a wired internet connection (even after logging out, browser restarts, machine restart, etc). Behavior is the same on home and work networks which use different ISPs.

Not so noticeable on my phone, but it may be that I just expect lag on mobile devices.

The slow load time is a new development for me. Only noticed it in the past week.