Matrix Games announce Command: Modern Operations (CMANO successor)

Started by al_infierno, September 03, 2019, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

Quote from: Blucher on October 16, 2019, 06:09:04 AM
Quote from: DennisS on September 28, 2019, 08:24:12 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 03, 2019, 09:38:05 PM
Quote from: Con on September 03, 2019, 05:42:38 PM
I like the comment on the youtube video if Herman has arrived yet.... :D

I was peripherally involved in the Harpoon-Herman Hun fiasco of 20+ years ago. This claim to fame is second only to being involved in Derek Smart's Battlecruiser debacle.

I thought this guy's name was Herman Hum if I remember correctly (or not).  :-\

What is the Herman Hun fiasco? I have seen that guys youtube channel before. And I feel like I have seen him around on different forums.

Dimitris

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Con

Quote from: Dimitris on October 22, 2019, 01:23:59 PM
Command: Modern Operations – The new simulation & editor features: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4990
My countdown till my 14year anniversary coupon expired is at 26 days!  What do you guys think the over under is on using it on CMO?

al_infierno

Quote from: Con on October 22, 2019, 02:51:20 PM
Command: Modern Operations – The new simulation & editor features: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4990
My countdown till my 14year anniversary coupon expired is at 26 days!  What do you guys think the over under is on using it on CMO?

I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt that this will be released in the next 26 days.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Millipede

The just announced release date on Steam and the Matrix store is Nov. 14th

Grim.Reaper

al_infierno

Quote from: al_infierno on October 22, 2019, 04:10:10 PM

I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt that this will be released in the next 26 days.

Welp I'll just swallow my words now. :o
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: al_infierno on October 29, 2019, 12:01:57 PM

I wasn't going to say anything:)

Con

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 29, 2019, 05:21:22 PM

By my calculation I will be at 28 days since granted the coupon on the 18th.  These things have a shelflife of 30 days right?

Con

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Con on October 29, 2019, 06:52:01 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 29, 2019, 05:21:22 PM

By my calculation I will be at 28 days since granted the coupon on the 18th.  These things have a shelflife of 30 days right?

Con

If you look at the bottom of your email that you received for the coupon, it will give you the expiration date.  When I look at mine from the date issued, it is 30 days.  Mine expires (2) days after it comes out so there better be no delays:)

I thought I read current owners will get a discount as well, I wonder if that offer can be combined with the coupon...could end up even a better deal.

Con

Yep checked the email and mine is nov 17th. Cutting it close.

Con

Yskonyn

My coupon will come around the time it releases, so that might turn out all well and dandy!  :bd:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Command: Modern Operations Twitch Preview on November 9th

Command: Modern Operations will be out in a week, on November 14th. Only few days and you'll get your hands to the most advanced and realistic tactical/operational mil-sim ever created.

After disclosing the full Manual, it is time to see some action for real.

On Saturday 9th on our official Twitch Channel (https://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup), Kushan Gaming will be playing Command: Modern Operations. Witness firsthand how to navigate the maelstrom of modern warfare!

The show starts on 7pm GMT / 2 PM EST / 11 AM PST

https://www.matrixgames.com/news/command-modern-operations-discover-the-manual

https://www.matrixgames.com/news/command-modern-operations-twitch-preview-on-november-9th

Grim.Reaper

Details about tomorrow's release, excellent news about 50% off digital version for existing customers....no price known yet as usual.

=========== Details================

Matrix Store (Steam store below)

1) I bought CMANO on Matrix, do I get a discount?
Yes, you get a 50% discount by using your CMANO serial as a coupon. The discount is valid until January 31st 2020, eligible for the digital version.

2) Where do I find my CMANO serial?
You can find your CMANO serial in your My Page section on the Matrix Website or Printed on your CMANO disc.

3) How do I use the serial as a coupon?
The coupon can only be used in the Slitherine & Matrix stores.
To use your coupon, add CMO to your shopping cart as normal and then, on the checkout page, enter your CMANO serial into the Coupon Box and click Update.

4) Can I still purchase CMANO after the release of CMO?
No. After the release of CMO on November 14th, it won't be possible to purchase CMANO on the Matrix/Slitherine Store anymore.

5) Can I still purchase CMANO DLCs after the release of CMO?
Yes. If you buy any CMO DLCs after November 14th, you'll be offered two installers, one for CMO and one for CMANO in your My Page section. See question #9

6) Will the previous CMANO Standalones (Northern Inferno, Chains of War, Shifting Sands, The Silent Service, Desert Storm) remain Standalones with CMO?
No, they will be turned to CMO DLCs. See Question #14

7) I bought the previous CMANO Standalones (Northern Inferno, Chains of War, Shifting Sands, The Silent Service, Desert Storm). Will I be able to play them as Standalones after CMO releases?
Yes, you will. But they won't receive engine updates.

8) Will I be able to play my Matrix version of CMANO after the release of CMO?
Yes, If you have bought any CMANO title – base game or expansion/DLC – your serials will remain registered and accessible anytime from your My Page; this means that you can keep playing them in the old CMANO engine at any time you want.

9) I have bought some DLCs for CMANO on MatrixGames. Do I have to purchase them again?
No. All the DLCs and Standalones previously bought can be downloaded for CMO from your My Page (https://www.matrixgames.com/member/downloads) for free. There, you will be offered two installers, use the Multi DLC Setup to install with CMO.

10) I have bought only an Expansion Standalone (Northern Inferno, Chains of War, Shifting Sands, The Silent Service, Desert Storm), will I be eligible for the discount coupon?
No, only owners of the CMANO base game will be able to use the discount offer for CMO

11) Can I load a CMANO scenario into CMO?
Yes you can do that from CMANO to CMO, but not vice-versa

12) Will I be able to redeem the Steam keys if I buy CMO and the DLCs from Matrix?
Yes. Just remember that redeeming a CMANO base game Steam key doesn't turn it into a CMO one. More info on how to redeem the key here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=93585

13) I bought CMANO and You Brexit, You Fix it on Matrix. Can I redeem the DLC key on Steam?
Yes. In your My Page you can get the Steam serial for your product. You can proceed to activate the product on Steam. The serial will unlock both versions (for CMO and for CMANO).

14) I bought one of the Expansion Standalone products on Matrix. How can I use it in the CMO engine?
Since all the old CMANO products are CMO DLCs now, the only way to play them in the CMO engine is to buy CMO (base game). You can still play them in their original way (as CMANO Products) but without any further engine update.

15) What do I receive if I buy the physical version of CMO (Collectors Edition)?
You will receive: a full color printed box, 2 full color printed DVDs (with your order number and serial number printed on them). The Printed Manual that will be included in the box at release will be a shortened version (210 pages). The full (350 pages) E-Book Manual will be included in the installer and will be available from the Product Page on the website.

Steam

1) I bought CMANO on Steam, do I get a discount?
Yes, Steam will automatically offerCMO at a 50% discount for you. The discount is valid until January 31st 2020

2) Will I still be able to play CMANO, after the release of CMO?
Yes if you bought it before November 14th. After that date, it won't be possible to purchase CMANO on Steam anymore. CMANO support will continue, but no new content or features are planned.

3) Will my old Steam CMANO titles be removed from my Steam Library?
No, they will remain in your Steam Library and you'll be able to play them whenever you wish

4) I have bought some DLCs for CMANO on Steam. Do I have to purchase them again if I want to play them in CMO?
No, you don't have to purchase them again. If you buy CMO, Steam will recognize the ownership of the old products and they will be listed as owned DLCs for CMO in your Steam Library