Combat Mission series on GoG.com

Started by mbar, June 05, 2019, 08:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

I'll probably pick them up. Did wide screen support get added? Can't deal with the square box. Is the lastest patch in the GOG release? I seem to remember battlefront charging $5 for the last patch.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on June 06, 2019, 02:17:53 AM
I'll probably pick them up. Did wide screen support get added? Can't deal with the square box. Is the lastest patch in the GOG release? I seem to remember battlefront charging $5 for the last patch.

at least for cmak it doesn't appear to be the latest patch version..gog has 1.03 where 1.04 is latest.  no idea if major difference or not and whether other games are latest.  would be interesting to know why the latest isn't available regardless.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/135140-patch-104-in-gog-version/

Jarhead0331

Haven't seen them in action, but I don't think they look that bad in the screens. The infantry is a little rough, but the tank models are still pretty nice.

Anyway, CMBB was such a fantastic game and it gave me so many hours of intense pleasure and joy, I just had to get it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

You all are making it hard to resist.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 06, 2019, 04:50:24 AM

at least for cmak it doesn't appear to be the latest patch version..gog has 1.03 where 1.04 is latest.  no idea if major difference or not and whether other games are latest.  would be interesting to know why the latest isn't available regardless.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/135140-patch-104-in-gog-version/

It gives me pause. I looked on BF site and the last patch available there is 103, it is strange that the GOG release isn't 104. I wonder what GOG did to the games, doesn't really give much info. I'll get CMBB and see how it works.

Elvis

Still square box. Nothing with the code of the game has been touched since the Vista patch.

If my memory is correct, the Vista patch was made specifically for the Vista operating system and was not needed for any other OS. I installed and played all 3 of them on my Windows 10 machine.

-budd-

I installed CMBB, yea its the box. My current problem is no in game sound, i submitted a ticket to GOG. I seem to remember being able to stretch to full screen, but no matter what settings i try, game config or video card settings can't get it to stretch. There is a utility installed with the game, in the game folder called dxcfg with some settings for display mode, aspect ratio, vsync, AA, AF, scaling, but haven't noticed much of a difference but i'll take a closer look. No matter what i have the black bars on the side, anyone get it to stretch? What i immediately noticed was i really miss mouse zoom. Fog works fine for me, some people seem to have a problem with it. If i can't get the sound to work, i'll refund. Not sure if i'll buy CMAK if i can't get it to stretch, i swear i remember getting it to stretch last time i got it to work from disk.

-budd-

Got it to stretch full screen..yippeee, if i can get the sound issue worked out i'll pick up the other two and start modding them. Is Green as Jade the only place to go for mods?

Staggerwing

I still have a nice 4:3 Samsung monitor kicking around. Should do nicely for CMAK.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Yskonyn

I am still hoping there will be a strategy guide(s) as deep as the one for CMBB for CMx2.
I would instantly throw money at the screen.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 05, 2019, 11:05:29 PM
Excellent!  Love the random map generator.  Also just seem easier to play than CMx2.
. Definitely less micromanaging and baby sitting. Is the sound problem confirmed or just for bud?

-budd-

So far looks like just me, have t been able to find any other info on it. I'm guessing some .dll file thing as the sounds play when I run them. I'll see what GOG gets back to me with on my ticket . I installed through Galaxy , so I'll uninstall and install independently of Galaxy and see what's up.

Father Ted

Thanks for the heads up Grogs!  Just bought and installed CMBB - pure nostalgia...Both my CMx2 installs went tits-up some time back (working one day, not the next -  tried re-downloading, reinstalling, etc, no result), so this is a real boon.  CM is my favourite wargaming system.

ArizonaTank

CMAK working great on my Win10 laptop.  Sound not a problem.  Will be interested to see how it goes on my desktop. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on June 06, 2019, 12:43:50 PM
Got it to stretch full screen..yippeee, if i can get the sound issue worked out i'll pick up the other two and start modding them. Is Green as Jade the only place to go for mods?

How did you get to stretch?
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.