Post Scriptum - Operation Market Garden Shooter

Started by Jarhead0331, January 07, 2018, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Was zero range not bound to two keys.... something like ALT [ ?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  Rebinding to two other keys or a key and a MB doesn't function.

Destraex

Cool. I thought you may have missed rebinding one key.
I just tried the test range servers and their are none currently in my region. The two on I did try looked like privately run ones.
A lot of trolling in those servers. You jump on a gun to test it by firing at the range targets and somebody shoots you. You respawn and somebody shoots you. The chinese character one was especially bad for that. The two apparently official range servers were in the EU. I might try them later.
What is apparent is that for me performance when aiming and shooting means I can swing past the target rather than stopping on it. Might have to play with my settings to see what is up here. But probably just poor PC performance. Their was a lot going on in that server. However I have noticed that I might have to turn my graphics down because in real matches I generally find it hard to aim when I encounter somebody.

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on August 09, 2018, 07:08:24 PM
I just tried the test range servers and their are none currently in my region. The two on I did try looked like privately run ones.
A lot of trolling in those servers. You jump on a gun to test it by firing at the range targets and somebody shoots you. You respawn and somebody shoots you. The chinese character one was especially bad for that. The two apparently official range servers were in the EU. I might try them later.
What is apparent is that for me performance when aiming and shooting means I can swing past the target rather than stopping on it. Might have to play with my settings to see what is up here. But probably just poor PC performance. Their was a lot going on in that server. However I have noticed that I might have to turn my graphics down because in real matches I generally find it hard to aim when I encounter somebody.

I sort of trained on relatively empty servers.  To get some weapons you need slightly full sections (at least on regular servers), so that can be tricky.  I try to help the total noobs (I'm still very noob myself ).

MengJiao

Yes!  Things were chaotic on all three of the Arnheim Range servers I visited.  Maybe they should have placed the spawn points for the Germans farther from the spawn points for the Allies?  I did see vehicles flying through the air -- but I'm pretty used to that.  Here is a more mundane snapshot of the mayhem:

Jarhead0331

I just refunded this game. It is absolutely EVERYTHING I hate about MP only games...

People.  I f*cking hate people. God damn them all.

Such a wasted opportunity on a great looking game.

Goodbye.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 09, 2018, 10:57:47 PM

Here is a more mundane snapshot of the mayhem:

Here's a snapshot from near Belvedere on Doorwerth.  Even outside of the training range, one does see quite a few knocked-out tigers.  What seems to happen is that the first people in the game on the German side, grab the Tiger and drive off to engage the 1st Airborne single-handed.  The infantry spots the Tiger and the first Firefly on the scene knocks it out then I wander up and take a screenshot.

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 10, 2018, 12:55:05 PM
I just refunded this game. It is absolutely EVERYTHING I hate about MP only games...

People.  I f*cking hate people. God damn them all.

Such a wasted opportunity on a great looking game.

Goodbye.

I used to react pretty negatively (like this), but over the years endless exposure to the absurdities of MP games have sort of immunized me to some of it.  I still see plenty of incidents that say 10 years ago would have made me give up MP games for a few years, but now I'm happy if my weapons work most of the time -- PS is a very pretty game and I can overlook a lot of the MP stuff (which can be fantastically annoying) most of the time.

Jarhead0331

^I think it looks and sounds fantastic. I just can't stand game play where my experience is totally reliant on how someone else plays. Ridiculous. Not even an offline training mode...without bots!?!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 10, 2018, 02:06:26 PM
^I think it looks and sounds fantastic. I just can't stand game play where my experience is totally reliant on how someone else plays. Ridiculous. Not even an offline training mode...without bots!?!

I trained (sort of...) on servers with very low populations.  The "Arnheim Range" training thing is absurd (at least the ones on public servers).  One problem is that to get the infantry section weapons, you have to be in a relatively full section (which I guess makes some kind of "authenticity" sense), so i would go play as the 1st Airborne on Das Experten Hohenstaufen Panzertruppen SS Wiking Krusader servers where there was fast turnover on the visiting (defeated and mocked) 1st Airborne players and use a wider range of weapons.  It's true that one's experience of this game is highly dependent on what others do, but that dynamic can be interesting as well as annoying at least some times.  And I'm a noob and a pretty bad player so I have some sympathy even for the average pathological nut players PLUS I only play on the Allied side and often that is a more sociable (or socialized?) crowd.

And here's a letter from the Devs:

http://postscriptumgame.com/open-letter-periscope-games/

Destraex

Jarhead a shame you did not play before release when only the die hards were playing. Very civil. I am sure all the nutters will get bored and leave soon.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on August 10, 2018, 04:20:56 PM
Jarhead a shame you did not play before release when only the die hards were playing. Very civil. I am sure all the nutters will get bored and leave soon.

Please let me know when the servers settle down.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Destraex

As for the open letter from periscope games. They seem to have stuffed up somewhat on the expected content at release. Not surprised as the game still says it in development. It seems that unlike Scotty everybody these days releases half cocked. In this case however I really like the game in its present state. But with the changes coming it will be even better. Kudos on the fact they actually released rather than pretending they were in beta that stays the same for years.

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on August 10, 2018, 05:44:16 PM
As for the open letter from periscope games. They seem to have stuffed up somewhat on the expected content at release. Not surprised as the game still says it in development. It seems that unlike Scotty everybody these days releases half cocked. In this case however I really like the game in its present state. But with the changes coming it will be even better. Kudos on the fact they actually released rather than pretending they were in beta that stays the same for years.

They don't seem to have anything like a marketting team or anything...which I guess has its pros and cons.  They have no consistant "message" except for the fact that there is a game and it works okay and it is going to get more features.   I guess with the proper marketting and an invincible Tiger mode and plenty of multicolored slogans and numbers popping up to direct people in Elite Sniper Mode on very small maps they could be raking in millions and selling all the improvements as DLC.  But they seemed to have missed the boat on that tactical game strategy tactical strategy tactics thing.