Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I use a joystick for flight and most controls. Some controls are still keyboard (minor) and I use the mouse for looking around

My Joystick (X-52Pro) has a fair few buttons on it and if I was to ever get around to actually looking into how to program it, I could have even more.
Alba gu' brath

panzerde

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 06, 2014, 12:26:39 PM
I use a joystick for flight and most controls. Some controls are still keyboard (minor) and I use the mouse for looking around

My Joystick (X-52Pro) has a fair few buttons on it and if I was to ever get around to actually looking into how to program it, I could have even more.

Thanks. I've already paid for the game so the upgrade to the beta isn't that much...will to resist fading...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JudgeDredd

I'm very surprised at what's in there for a BETA. Plenty of content to keep you amused...and I just never sicken of the environment. It's so alive. Not like X:Rebirth where there are hundreds of spaceships about...just the sounds, the graphics, the feel, the comms...it's a BETA and it's (imo) 100 times more engaging than Rebirth.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Here's another one panzerde to whet your appetite

Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Nice video.  Now I'm tempted.  I see that you can enter the hanger after you dock.  Have you explored the space station and interacted with any NPCs?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

-budd-

My attention span is only up to casual gaming today. So here's a level from Stealth Bastard deluxe a stealth, platform, puzzler. Picked it up  a couple days ago.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: W8taminute on September 06, 2014, 07:05:50 PM
Nice video.  Now I'm tempted.  I see that you can enter the hanger after you dock.  Have you explored the space station and interacted with any NPCs?
No - you can't do that in this game.
Alba gu' brath

Rayfer

budd....though they can be fun to play, those sort of platform games frustrate the hell out of me, I suck at them so I stay away. It was watching your video.

panzerde

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 06, 2014, 04:23:23 PM

Really, who am I kidding? I know I'm buying this, probably this week.

I agree that it really seems to put X-Rebirth to shame. Just from these videos and from what I've read I can tell that this is a much deeper game, even in beta.

Thanks for the information JD.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: panzerde on September 08, 2014, 05:04:39 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 06, 2014, 04:23:23 PM

Really, who am I kidding? I know I'm buying this, probably this week.

I agree that it really seems to put X-Rebirth to shame. Just from these videos and from what I've read I can tell that this is a much deeper game, even in beta.

Thanks for the information JD.
Since I have had this, I have tried to fire up and enjoy Rebirth. I've tried to find "whatever it is" that this game gives me - and I just can't find it in Rebirth. It's a shame really.

I do hope you get as much enjoyment out this in BETA as I have over the past couple of months
Alba gu' brath

panzerde

Video I did of one of the Camp Hornfelt training missions for Steel Beasts Pro PE earlier this year. This is a great series of training missions if you want a good introduction to the basics of platoon command.

Rayfer

Well done panzerde! I love this thread.

panzerde

Quote from: Rayfer on September 28, 2014, 02:31:13 PM
Well done panzerde! I love this thread.

Thanks Rayfer. I need to get back into doing this!

W8taminute

Nice video!  There has been a lot of talk here about the game and although I was intrigued I never investigated further.  This video clearly demonstrates the game play to me and I like what I see!   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

panzerde

Quote from: W8taminute on September 28, 2014, 06:16:45 PM
Nice video!  There has been a lot of talk here about the game and although I was intrigued I never investigated further.  This video clearly demonstrates the game play to me and I like what I see!   O0

Mission accomplished, then! It really is an incredible sim if you're at all a treadhead. I spent most of today working up a scenario concerning a Dutch mech infantry company attacking to clear a road way of ISIL forces. Hopefully ready to play test and video later this week.