Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 10, 2015, 08:56:10 AM
I have no idea GR I'm afraid. I know I wouldn't ever use nor want to use a controller for driving.

I can say, given the physics, that it could be difficult - but I genuinely wouldn't know. You could try SimHQ and ask there where there is a specific forum - see if anyone is racing with a controller.

Thanks, that is what I feared and the reason I largely stay away from driving games...but this one looked pretty good so thought maybe if a chance it was workable, might give it a shot....I'll look around in other places to see if anyone else has comments.

JudgeDredd

And another - getting close

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Cockpit cam - catching the enemy

And the same lap from the directors view

Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Judge are you using the mouse and keyboard for pCars?  I don't have a steering wheel either however I do have a controller. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

No mate - steering wheel. It was always worth the purchase for me because it's one genre I've always enjoyed on PC.

I couldn't ever imagine using a mouse/keyboard or controller for a racing sim.
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Well after debating with myself all week on whether to buy the game or not I finally made my purchase.  Decided that I'd get it for console once I saw that option was available to me.  I've put in a lot of time in my gaming career on driving games with a controller on console so I figured pCars would be no different.  I'm happy to say I can handle the cars nicely but I've got to get some practice in before I start my career. 

Here is the intro race you start the game with to get your racing feet wet. 

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

jomni

W8taminute

Yes there is multiplayer.  You can also participate in community events against other players.  I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

jomni

Quote from: W8taminute on May 15, 2015, 08:58:27 PM
Yes there is multiplayer.  You can also participate in community events against other players.  I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

A noob race would hilarious.  All the cars ramming into each other, going off track. Hehe.

JudgeDredd

I'm going to be completely honest with you here W8taminute - that is probably the worst driving I've seen anyone posting - EVER.  :2funny:

• What track was that?
  • What software did you use to record the laps?

It perfectly highlighted my two main gripes with the game

• the "off track" implementation
  • the damage model (or severe lack of)
    I don't know what you have the damage setting set to, but I have it on the closest I can get to real and it's nigh on impossible for me to break the car. I have blown a few engines - so that's probably one of the parts of the damage model that [/I]is working[/I]

Even given those gripes, the game is superb.

But kudos for posting...and to be fair...

• Before I post a video, I've probably done anything between 10 and XX number of laps - so by the time I do a video, I'm often familiar with the track
  • You were using a controller
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Quote from: JudgeDreddI'm going to be completely honest with you here W8taminute - that is probably the worst driving I've seen anyone posting - EVER.  :2funny:

I'd thought you'd get a kick out of my nasty driving there Judge after I saw how nicely you drive.   ;D
But yes I'm sure that if I had a wheel and pedal combo I'd drive much better.  After I practice a bit my driving usually improves enough to where I can start making decent progression in my in game career. 

My biggest problem in all of these driving games is spatial awareness at the corners.  In real life I can judge the position of my car to that of the corner I'm about to take and approach the turn properly.  In a video game for some reason I just can't get it right, even after a lot of practice.  My problem is that I cannot actually feel how fast the vehicle is going in a video game compared to the sensations you feel whilst driving a real car.  I'm referring to the way the vibrations of the road transfer through the floor of the car, the pedals, and your seat.  You don't have that in a video game. 

QuoteWhat track was that?

Dubai International.  I've raced it plenty of time in F1 2012 and even there I could never master that one sharp corner.   :)

QuoteWhat software did you use to record the laps?

It's called ShareFactory and it's an app you can download for the PS4.  The PS4 has a built in capture program and ShareFactory takes that raw video and allows you to dress it up a bit. 

Interesting you mention damage, or lack thereof.  I set most of my settings to novice with the exception of transmission and damage.  I've got damage set to full real where as the car takes damage it's performance is supposed to severely degrade.  Didn't notice that in that race I shared nor the two others I played afterwards.  Hmm....I seem to recall F1 2012 doing a decent job with damage. 

I'll probably post some more videos of my bad driving.  Hopefully we'll see an improvement.   :2funny:

JudgeDredd

Practice makes perfect mate. As I said - I couldn't drive with a controller. No way no how. So kudos just for that.

I've actually found a program which seems to do a decent job of recording. I had downloaded a trial version of Action! but when I started to record, I noticed considerable lag - in game and the video.

I've downloaded a trial version of D3DGear and will likely buy it. It seems to have everything I need AND there is absolutely zero slow down in my trials with it.
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

^D3DGear looks like a nice program.  At first glance there seems to be a lot of positive online talk about the software.  Thanks for the tip JD.

The price seems good to when compared too other software out there. 

And yes thanks for the kudos.  Practicing is what I plan on doing this weekend!   :)

JudgeDredd

A couple at Nurburgring in my fav - RUF GT3

This is normal replay

And this is the same lap in helmet cam view (I love it). The "cockpit" cam seems to go blurry and it seems to be in relation to the G's being pulled - I'm not sure if that's all cockpit views or just the helmet cam (which I almost exclusively race in). All very immersive for me.

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

If you start those above both at the same time, you get both views "as they happen"  ;D
Alba gu' brath