Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: W8taminute on July 10, 2015, 02:26:29 PM
Despite that wretched lag that was a brilliant race!  And you only had one little fender bender there near the end.  I hope that issue is resolved.  Have you double checked your video card settings just to be sure?

F1 2015 is a real good looking racing sim from what I see here.  I like the new HUD layout as it seems much easier to keep track of your speed and gear selection than 2013 which is what I have.
It looks amazing. It seems more alive too. The pit crew etc. I am able to do Time Trial with no issues at all. Ultra settings and smooth as silk. But in Championship Mode or Quick Race, I can put the settings down to Ultra Low (a real setting in game) and it makes absolutely no difference to the frame rate. Not one iota.

Great looking though. It really is. It also sounds cool and the car is twitchy with the power. From what I tried in Time Trial, I liked what I saw.

I have downloaded a new set of AMD drivers for my 7900 card (can't remember the exact model). So I'll give them a pop - see if there's any difference...that is normally the case - however, it could just be rooted in the code.

I'll keep ya posted.
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 02:31:05 PM
I'll keep ya posted.

Look forward to your update.  I might have to add this game to my collection if the issue gets resolved speedily.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Driver update to Catalyst 15.7 made all the difference. Game is smooth as silk now.

NB - I haven't performed a race yet - so I don't know what it's like with 20(2?) cars on the grid - but the slideshow I was seeing in Championship and Quick Race have gone.

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Me not doing very well at Mehico

Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

What a beautiful looking game!  Glad to see you resolved the lag issue.  You're right, the atmosphere of this years F1 does indeed seem more alive.

I was going to say you did an excellent job in the rain on the first race but something went wrong on that one turn there.  What happened in Mexico?  Were your tire settings incorrect or did you indeed have insufficient downforce from your front air dam?

Ok, I've got to go fire up some pcars now just to satiate my racing desire!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: W8taminute on July 10, 2015, 04:35:48 PM
What a beautiful looking game!  Glad to see you resolved the lag issue.  You're right, the atmosphere of this years F1 does indeed seem more alive.

I was going to say you did an excellent job in the rain on the first race but something went wrong on that one turn there.  What happened in Mexico?  Were your tire settings incorrect or did you indeed have insufficient downforce from your front air dam?

Ok, I've got to go fire up some pcars now just to satiate my racing desire!
I just don't know Mexico - that was literally my second lap EVER. Plus the AI smacked me in the arse.

I'm going to post a video of the menus in the garage, an out lap, 3 or 4 laps and an in lap and back in the garage - all at Spa.

Don't ask me what Valterri Bottas was doing when he came out the pits (you'll see)

Oh - and I've had a few beers  ;D Drink driving is ok when it's virtual  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Yes yes I'd love to see more of the menus.  Everyone knows you shouldn't drink and drive in real life.  You might hit a bump and spill your drink.  Different story indeed when done virtually though.   :)

JudgeDredd

So - some laps of Spa. I'm still trying to get a feel for the car and the steering...the feedback isn't great but I'm tweaking so I should get there soon.

This shows when you sit in the garage and ask your engineer for the "pad" to make your tyre choices and edit your setup. You can also zoom on the screen in front and it shows you the track, cars positions and, a nice touch, the weather in the next xx minutes. That has been sorely needed for some time and makes a welcome entrance. You can also see the lap times and go to the TV console to view other cars on track.

Then there's some laps and watch at 9:30 in when Bottas shows what the AI is currently like. I'm all for the AI making errors...but I'd like to see that at corners and perhaps overtaking...not just anywhere...and I've seen what happens to him a fair bit. So the AI needs work.

The game is very pleasing though. The "atmospherics" are on the money imo. I've yet to do a championship race so I don't know what the "driver experience" is like...hopefully it's all there.

Anyway - enjoy

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Damn! I bought D3DGear yesterday so I could capture video - and it has been absolutely solid but it seems to make F1 2015 crash almost every single time!  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

There is no reason why Bottas should have slammed his car into the side like that on a perfectly straight piece of track with no one else other than you around.  It's a  minor issue that should be easy to patch.

Where during the recording does the game crash?  Interesting that not until you bought the video capture software that it causes the crashing to occur.  I'm assuming you ran the demo version of D3DGear to record your videos so far.

JudgeDredd

I had downloaded the demo of D3DGear ages ago and the 30 day trial was over. I was debating whether to get it or not for ages...and because of the lag issue, I decided to buy it yesterday.

The crashing is weird. All the videos I've done have been using the bought version of D3DGear. Up until this morning it was fine - however I was trying something different this morning...I was trying to capture the start of a Championship to show the "intro" to your career...and every single time I started to record it crashed.

However, I have changed the codec being used by D3DGear and it didn't crash earlier, so I'll see if that's sorted it out or whether it's still hit and miss.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Start of a Championship

Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Glad to see you resolved the video issue.  Nice wet driving by the way.

I love this new HUD layout.  I noticed that there is a double arrow head indicator in the lower center of the screen which shows up when someone is close to your rear.  Nice touch. 

Here is a short video of my second season start in pCars during a practice session.  Notice how pCars is not as immersive as F1 2015 is, although pCars is a nice looking game as well.

JudgeDredd

Thanks

I still love pCars...it's still my No1 at the moment, though this is getting the time because it's new.

I love the feel of the cars in this. They are twitchy on the power and they handle so much better in the rain...no more Bambi on ice.

See what I mean about the AI? They ran into each other in that vid...they are not good and it's making me a bit worried about starting a career at the moment
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 11, 2015, 01:44:34 PM
Thanks

I still love pCars...it's still my No1 at the moment, though this is getting the time because it's new.

I love the feel of the cars in this. They are twitchy on the power and they handle so much better in the rain...no more Bambi on ice.

See what I mean about the AI? They ran into each other in that vid...they are not good and it's making me a bit worried about starting a career at the moment

All your posting on these racing games is finally going to make me get a wheel to use and try some of these...they seem like fun, but without a wheel I haven't jumped it...I'll have to find a good cheap one from somewhere, don't need anything fancy.