Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Playing with some more workshop maps, here's one that someone made of Helm's Deep
Swat class- Hard
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Burning Paris Map- Swat- Suicidal difficulty

I usually wait until my character is level 20 before switching to suicidal difficulty, WTH i gave it shot. Suicidal increases enemy hit points, damage, speed, and number/types of enemies. It also gives you less ammo and points to spend at the trader between levels. I made through the stages but got killed by the boss right after this level.

Hofstadter

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

W8taminute

-budd- that looked like one tough level.  Did you make it through?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

-budd-

Made it through the 4 stages, but the boss killed me after that. You can set the waves to 4, 7, 10, or endless. The Boss level is after the wave stages. knowing the maps is important, especially on the harder levels. There are only a couple maps i know real well, that Paris map is one of the ones i know well. I've got about 20+ workshop maps installed,some good, and some suck, been going though them to check them out. There's only one difficulty higher than suicidal, hell on earth, not sure my reflexes will ever be up to that difficulty level. There's some enemies you will only see on suicidal or higher levels of difficulty.  Think i'm going to see how long i can survive on endless.

JasonPratt

So, last night on Cyrano's Saturday Night Fights, I continued running Captain Funn. The one caught on the run by some guns? It was fun! And we're not done!

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Kushan

And so it begins, my Let's Play of Command: Desert Storm. Playing them a bit out of order. The first scenario, Invasion is a massive movement of air units from CONUS and Europe to the Persian Gulf and Turkey. While it looks interesting, and I'll probably do videos eventually, I didn't think it be exciting enough to start off with.

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Hofstadter

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

-budd-

Brutal Doom released a new version end of May, thought i'd give it a spin. I'm using a HD texture pack and a different HUD mod. This is a little different map than the usual frantic doom 2 stuff. Map has more atmosphere and a slower pace, it s a remake of a Doom3 map- E1M1. I played Doom 3, didn't really like it, never finished it, but i like the map play with brutal doom. Also using the newest version of GZDoom, it's amazing what there squeezing out graphically out of the Doom engine.

-budd-

Booted up recently purchased Dusk, and so far it's great. If your into retro FPS games its a keeper and i'm only through 2 levels. Fast, fluid controls, solid mechanics, and the sound track is the top notch, the sound track was the first thing that stuck out. Andrew Hulshult is the shit when it comes to soundtracks for these types of games. The game even had a pixel setting in the video options if you want to go real ol school look, i turned the pixel setting to 0 for my play through. I see some homage to Doom, Quake and the build engine games in Dusk, so far so good.
The first two levels weren't to difficult and i didn't secret hunt much, i get the feeling the game is easing me into the pain slowly.
Here's the first two levels

Huw the Poo

Wow, that looks fun!  Might have to get this one....

Did you ever play Devil Daggers?

-budd-

I'm aware of Devils Daggers, looks a bit limited. Correct me if i'm wrong, arena based endless wave game, looks like only one arena type also. Still it will probably drop to 99 cents sometime, and i'll pick it up. Dusk has an endless mode in the game.

There are a lot of FPS games on the horizon or in EA, my wish list is overflowing: Serious Sam 4, Space Beast Terror Fright, Ion Maiden[although Iron Maiden is suing them], Hellbound[ funny trailer], Maximum Action[some Max Paine slo-mo shit here], Project Warlock, Wrath: Aeon of Ruin, and Prodeus. Some Decent type FPS already released, Mother Gunship, SubLevel Zero: Redux, Overload. I always had trouble with those 6 degree movement games, i would frickin always end up upside down and doomed L:-)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: -budd- on June 22, 2019, 10:29:19 AM
I'm aware of Devils Daggers, looks a bit limited. Correct me if i'm wrong, arena based endless wave game, looks like only one arena type also.

Yeah that's right.  Incredibly compelling though.  I love it despite being hilariously shite at it.

-budd-

Switched over to Amid Evil to give that a spin. Pretty much an opposite to Dusk in color palette, Amid Evil is colorful, and instead of ammo you have different colored mana pools as ammo for your weapons. once you harvest enough souls from your kills you can put your weapons in overdrive for a short time to really blast away.  I went thru 4 levels of the first episode, and the level design is good, controls are tight, and the weapons are interesting. Amid Evil's levels are more wide open with room to maneuver, and there more vertical level designs. Here's the first level.