Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

A word on the time limit / turn interval regarding Llamaserver.
One thing I found confusing is that the 24 hours are NOT at a fixed time. If the game was hosted at 20:00 on day one, then Llamaserver will autohost at 20:00 the next day (with an interval of 24 hrs) regardless of all people having sent in their turns.
However, and this is the confusing part, Llamaserver will push out the new turn immediately after all players have sent in their turn.
This might be well within the 24 hour timeframe and so the next day Llamaserver hosts the game at 14:00 already.
If you then expect to have until 20:00 the next day, you will be too late. Keep this in mind.

So in short, you always have 24 hours from the point you received your turn in your email.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Gotcha - thanks for the warning Yskonyn.

Also, thank you very much for that great post at the top and for hosting the game.  I appreciate it and I'm psyched to get playing!!!  I've wanted this game forever.

With regard to cheesy tactics, you're right, as a noob I don't know any but even if I did I wouldn't use them.  I don't like playing games that way.

airboy

I'd like to do it, but with my job I can't ever commit to a 24 or 48 hour turn-around.

Anybody like to do a game with a 5 day turn-around and I can do it.

I could play either the hideously complex Tien Chien or the amazingly single strategy Abysia if we can do a maximum 5 day turnaround. 

undercovergeek

Quote from: airboy on March 03, 2013, 02:16:30 PM
I'd like to do it, but with my job I can't ever commit to a 24 or 48 hour turn-around.

Anybody like to do a game with a 5 day turn-around and I can do it.

I could play either the hideously complex Tien Chien or the amazingly single strategy Abysia if we can do a maximum 5 day turnaround.

its open to the floor

Yskonyn

5 days is ok with me. But I will need to force myself to make notes of what I am up to each turn! :P
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Yeah I'll be in on a five-day game too - this will be separate from the game we're organising here, right?  That's if Airboy doesn't mind a noob in his game.

Yskonyn

Ah ok. Another game. Even better I guess.
Airboy can you take care of hosting that 5 day interval game over at Llama, or haven't you done that before?

undercovergeek

waaaah - never thought of that - only 1 thing better than 1 Dom 3 PBEM game...........

Yskonyn

Gents, I have also added this to the first post for comfort, but I want to point out an indispensable website for Dom 3.

Mod Inspector

You can select which mods you use and then display accurate information about the spells and items for that mod in the game.

Vanilla is also supported.

Ubercat

Do we all have to play with the same graphics Mods? I installed the Improved Graphics mod but can't make heads or tails of that Community Graphics mod.

I also have CBM installed. I've never played with it before, but it seems to balance the game better so I suggest that we use it. I will say, as an out of practice player of intermediate skill, that it tones down my faction of Mictlan by making my two best magic items unique; the Sanguine Dousing Rod and the Jade Knife. I'll have to do a lot more research to make them and then will only be able to craft one of each. The long term effect will be that my blood economy will take a bit longer to really get going.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

undercovergeek

I'm on cbm 1.94 - I think the graphics mods are just flavour

Yskonyn

Yes I think we should go with CBM indeed.
As for the graphics mods I honestly don't know. I cannot think of any reason why all must have the fluff mods, but Llamaserver does want to know which ones are run. Let's just try.

Another option is to have me host my mods folder in my dropbox and you guys copy it so we all have the same install.
Up to you.

undercovergeek

I suppopse everyone been on exactly the same thing can't be a bad idea

airboy

I've never hosted anything so I would be a very high risk to run this.

Ubercat

OK. I'll take another look, but I couldn't figure out how to install the Community Graphics Mod before. It looked like each player just picked and chose the parts of it he liked to install.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell