It's Raining MONDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 21, 2022, 10:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Seems like none of you slackers created a FRIDAY gaming thread. Might be the first time that has happened in a decade. In any event, its necessitated the need for a new kind of thread. A post-weekend gaming thread, if you will. Like rather than what you plan on playing, post what you ended up playing.

Heading into the weekend, I had grandiose expectations...Rumyantsev '43, Call to Arms Gates of Hell Scorched Earth DLC, WH40K Darktide, Spider Man Miles Morales, DCS, Iron Man and Espire 2 in VR, etc.  Well, my entire weekend ended up being devoted to Rumyantsev '43 and Gates of Hell Scorched Earth...The Eastern Front clearly beckoned.

By the way, whoever knew that Izora Armstead from the Weather Girls was in the Air Cavalry?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

With help from JH, my VR set arrived yesterday! I'll be setting it up this week at some point. JH has already provided a list of must-have titles - more recommendations are always welcome. My first VR forays will most likely be in WWI flying, naturally.

Is Skyrim worth re-playing in VR? I think I know the answer.

I didn't plan on playing much this past weekend but wound up putting 3-4 hours into Vampyre and progressing into the second half of the game, after nearly giving it up for undead a while back.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2022, 11:00:29 AM

Is Skyrim worth re-playing in VR? I think I know the answer.

Only if you're going to take the time to mod it properly. I'd give Blade & Sorcery a shot first. It's awesome.

I'm curious to see how some of these Steam or oculus based games will run on the Reverb G2. Look forward to your report in the VR forum!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^You know what, I will do that. Have Blade and Sorcery in my Steam cart right now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

That was the theme song for "Men on Film" from that show "In Living Color". 

Well unexpectedly I decided to re-install New World and play it again now that it's been significantly updated.  I really love what they've done with the game.  Will I stick with it for another 200 hours or so?  Time will tell. 

This all happened because of a feed I got in my Steam account of friends who also recently started playing again.  Monkey see, monkey do I guess.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Are you getting tortured by online asshats in New World?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

"Two snaps up in z formation!" 

You just made me chuckle. 

As for New World the nice thing about it is you can set your player to have PVP disabled and hence no one can bother you.  That way you can have a solo experience but still look at everyone else torturing each other.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

^Ooh really? Are you using that feature?

I also learned that WH40K: Darktide will be enabling solo play with bots in the next few weeks!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 21, 2022, 10:41:24 AM
Like rather than what you plan on playing, post what you ended up playing.

Nothing planned, nothing played :-[.

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2022, 02:00:22 PM
^Ooh really? Are you using that feature?

I also learned that WH40K: Darktide will be enabling solo play with bots in the next few weeks!

Yes indeed I am. 

It's cool because I can do quests, gather materials, explore caves and such, and watch other people beat each other up but not affect me at all.  Players can swing a sword at you but nothing happens if you have PVP disabled.  The only things I have to fight are bots you encounter in quests and randomly throughout the game world. 

Good news to hear about Darktide having a solo feature.  I'll be paying attention to that one now.

Edit:  One thing I forgot to mention is that the great majority of players seem to play with PVP disabled.  It's really a community devoted to solo play overall.  You don't really see a lot of naked aggression in the open world areas you explore.  Those that do play PVP go to specially designed areas or buildings and fight other players who are into that sort of thing.

Gusington

^This is awesome news. I had written New World off completely. But if I understand you correctly it's a fantasy world - it's not based on the colonization of North, Central and South America...right?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

New World has nothing to do with Earth.  It's an MMORPG set in a fantasy world.  I'm back playing on a fresh start server and just got my character to level 60 (max level).  Now the real game begins according to some.   :)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

I need a new RPG...and if I can play without getting irritated by MP morons, New World may be my cowbell.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

There are some things in New World you will find difficult if not impossible to do solo.  But much of the game is solo friendly.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin