Main Menu

Cheaters Justice

Started by Ubercat, December 26, 2020, 08:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt. I don't think I've done that since I was a kid.

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

A Canadian Cat

I'm not a FPS player but that was pretty funny.
What benefit did the cheaters think they were getting from the software they downloaded and did it deliver that? Otherwise wouldn't they just uninstall it? Perhaps I am over thinking it and it really was bad but caused them to waste a few hours figuring that out and generate a lot of fun for us in the mean time.

al_infierno

Quote from: A Canadian Cat on January 08, 2021, 03:27:24 PM
             I'm not a FPS player but that was pretty funny.
What benefit did the cheaters think they were getting from the software they downloaded and did it deliver that? Otherwise wouldn't they just uninstall it? Perhaps I am over thinking it and it really was bad but caused them to waste a few hours figuring that out and generate a lot of fun for us in the mean time.

Most hacks for CS:GO (and shooters in general) are either wallhacks (you can see other player's outlines through the walls) or aimbots (automatically get headshots on players).  I'm not sure how the software in question was advertised but you're likely right that it didn't accomplish more than wasting the hackers' time and generating fun for us.  Though I like to think that fake cheating software is also designed to trigger Valve's anti-cheat system (VAC) to get the cheaters permabanned.  Too bad the game is free now so they can just make another account and keep hacking.   :uglystupid2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

FarAway Sooner

My sense is that these were designed to happen just often enough to make them annoying and counterproductive, but not always to result in insta-failure.

W8taminute

Very cool concept.  The only game I play where I come into contact with cheaters is Battlefield V.  Wish he made something for that game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk