Main Menu

Recent posts

Current Events / Re: Israel
Last post by JasonPratt - Today at 12:51:14 PM
Meanwhile, on Temple news (due to the powder-keg geopolitics which will go off): currently there are three red heifers old enough to sacrifice for the purification ashes, but until just recently they lacked a proper formula for the scarlet dye needed for a string that would be part of that sacrifice. (Comes from a worm.)

Strictly speaking the sacrifice of the heifer doesn't have to happen on Mount Olivet, since it sure didn't happen there in the days of the Tabernacle, although I don't know if there would be political difficulties in using Olivet as the site.

Speaking of the Tabernacle though, the group setting up the rebuild and function of the Temple, have been using Shiloh for years (in Israel, not Tennessee {g}) to do practice runs, and their current plan seems to be that they can set up a new Tabernacle to reinstitute the sacrifices in Shiloh (or really several other places within Israeli control) without even needing to rebuild the Temple (though they still want to do that, too, when feasible.)

Even setting up a functional tabernacle will cause tons of friction in the region to escalate, so keep an eye out for more of that soon!

For what it's worth, a functioning tabernacle has no bearing on (future) Christian prophecies that I'm aware of, which might be an interesting choice for other reasons.
Computer Gaming / Re: DCS Discussion
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 12:45:19 PM
Pre-orders are open for the Halfghanistan map. I was surprised and disappointed by some of the omissions from the included geography, but who am I kidding? I'll get it.

Current Events / Re: Israel
Last post by JasonPratt - Today at 12:42:09 PM
Yeah, I can understand Hamas not wanting to release 40 hostages for 700 terrorist prisoners who will get plastered soon afterward.
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by Uberhaus - Today at 12:21:29 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Today at 11:25:49 AMpost putin election and russia needs to mobilize more people to get wrecked.  draw your own conclusions.

Yes, and more.  It is an amplification of the idea of an existential war for the Russian people and might be preparation for conflict with NATO.  While the Russian military is currently in no shape for a conventional confrontation with the West, they sure are trying.  https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/russia-is-preparing-for-an-all-out-war-with-nato-to-happen-sooner-than-originally-believed-isw/ar-BB1kk5sX

That the head of the FSB came out publicly and stated that the intelligence services believe that the West is responsible, shows that they are on side with this nonsense.  I'd love for Russia to just quit, and behave like a civilized people, to paraphrase: a people of Dostoyevsky, not Genghis Khan; however, to not quit is deeply ingrained in their culture.

This is a lot to infer from very little, but when I see information like Rosenberg is showing, I am not going to use the adjective "dangerous" lightly.
Computer Gaming / Re: Armored Brigade II Announc...
Last post by Veitikka - Today at 11:53:25 AM
Quote from: Destraex on Yesterday at 07:49:43 PMOk no multiplayer, although if it ever comes it will be my prefered wego style and I assume only one friend vs another. This game still will not make my list. Even cmx2 has multiplayer.

AB2 is based on the same foundation as the previous game, and the code structure (a work in progress since ~2005) doesn't allow multiplayer to be added easily. At the moment we don't have resources for such a monumental rework.
Computer Gaming / Re: Armored Brigade II Announc...
Last post by Veitikka - Today at 11:39:52 AM
Quote from: Destraex on Yesterday at 07:42:53 PMI would love to know what the height maps are handled like this time around and if they need a separate screen to judge height with. I really hated that about the first game.

In the new rendering engine you can take the camera down to the ground and see terrain elevation in a way that was impossible in AB1.
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Today at 11:25:49 AM
post putin election and russia needs to mobilize more people to get wrecked.  draw your own conclusions.
Last post by Uberhaus - Today at 10:47:09 AM
A BBC video where Steve Rosenberg translates the dangerous direction Russian information shaping is going in regards to the Moscow theatre attack.  https://bbc.com/news/world-europe-68674588   If someone can figure out how to directly post this vid, be my guest; it's not up on youtube yet.

Unfortunately, Bortnikov states that they think the West is involved.  As the head of the FSB, this contradicts the earlier information that Russian intelligence officers are angry with Putin (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/russian-spies-furious-with-putin-over-moscow-attack-the-tough-guy-didn-t-keep-us-safe/ar-BB1kv08D)

Last post by GDS_Starfury - Today at 10:29:42 AM
my take is that, once again, the electronic warfare spectrum is the unsung hero of the modern battlefield.  there are no serious things I've read that didn't include Prowlers, Spark Varks and Prowlers as essential elements in the operational scheme.  the concept just filters down these days to at least the company level if not further.
Computer Gaming / Re: SEGA ditch RELIC who are n...
Last post by Sigwolf - Today at 10:25:38 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Today at 08:37:33 AMI haven't read any of the press, but who gets the licenses to the IP?
It doesn't address it specifically, but the press release does say they will continue to support their titles, including CoH3, so it would appear they are keeping their existing licenses.