Alliance of the Sacred Suns

Started by steve58, April 09, 2021, 02:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Alliance of the Sacred Suns

Stumbled on this one while perusing my Steam Wishlist.  Its from the same people publishing Terra Invicta.  It sounds a bit similar to Star Dynasties (aka Crusader Kings in space).  Very mod friendly, so I expect there to be a Dune mod very early  :smitten:.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

FarAway Sooner

Could be very interesting.  I struggled to see what the game play looked like, but maybe that's just because I've not played many other games of that exact type!

Jarhead0331

Reviewing details has me much more excited for this than Star Dynasties. Although it still has that macro leadership vibe, it looks like there is more depth to exploration, colonization, economy and combat.

I'm trying to set up a Q&A with the devs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Stay tuned for our initial impressions of the latest alpha build. The art, music and UI are all very impressive so far. This one has tremendous potential and even in the alpha phase, its already grabbed me tighter than Star Dynasties.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Texashawk76

Hey all, I'm Steve, creator and lead developer of Alliance of the Sacred Suns. Jarhead was kind enough to invite me here to answer any questions anyone might have about the game! By the way, I'm a huge wargamer both board and digital - I'm currently wrangling the rulebook for WITE 2 and I have Next War: Poland set up on my gaming table. My very first wargame was Raid on St. Nazaire and Patton's Best, both of which I still have and play to this day!

Anyway, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! Nice to be here!

-Steve

Jarhead0331

Welcome, Steve! Thanks for popping in.  :notworthy:

Sounds like you will fit right in here with our community!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Always nice to have another grog here.  Welcome.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

steve58

Tripoli

Welcome, Steve.  I am one of several people here who is eagerly awaiting your game.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sparhawk

I'm really interested in this game. Definately going to pick this one up when released.

Toonces

Interesting game.

Also, I just wanted a clean sweep on the home page.

\m/
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

steve58

FarAway Sooner