Main Menu

My New Blog

Started by Gusington, May 11, 2012, 09:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

It works.  I am now stalkin... errr.... I mean following your blog.

The set up to your story kind of reminds me of a short lived TV show from a number of years back.  Funny enough it was called "New Amsterdam" and it was about a NY cop who was several hundred years old thanks to some sort of Indian magic.  He went around solving crimes using his knowledge of the history of the city since he was there watching it grow.  There are also flashbacks to times in the past as they related to the episodes.  I liked the premise but apparently it wasn't making its network enough money.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928414/
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on May 12, 2012, 12:22:45 PM
^Well obviously you are much less weird than Migs :) ...but you new that.

I think I turned the doohickey on that allows the riff-raff to follow the blog if they want, like Arctic and Martok :)

Can anyone confirm?

Kind of pathetic that I work on an intranet for a living but whatevs...

I just plugged the blog feed in to Feedly, so I haven't been anywhere near your doohickey. And I'd frankly like to keep it that way.

Staggerwing

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 12, 2012, 12:44:33 PM
It works.  I am now stalkin... errr.... I mean following your blog.

I'm subscribed as well. Do we get automatic links when you post an update?

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 12, 2012, 12:44:33 PM
The set up to your story kind of reminds me of a short lived TV show from a number of years back.  Funny enough it was called "New Amsterdam" and it was about a NY cop who was several hundred years old thanks to some sort of Indian magic.  He went around solving crimes using his knowledge of the history of the city since he was there watching it grow.  There are also flashbacks to times in the past as they related to the episodes.  I liked the premise but apparently it wasn't making its network enough money.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928414/

EDIT:There was also a book about 10 years ago along the same lines: Forever. It was about a man who was immortal as long as he did not leave the Island of Manhattan. 
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

Joined! Can't wait to see some more stories!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bison

MetalDog

It's in my Favorites bar.  I'll be following from there.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

^Thanks so much for the love guys. It means a lot to me and I am flattered! I watched New Amsterdam when it was broadcast and remember it being kinda meh...I wanted to love it but just didn't.

Forever, on the other hand, is one of my favorite fiction books.

And Arctic my doohickey is real and spectacular! There's actually an application out there called Feedly??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

Gus I'd really like it if you could crank up the intensity quickly as I'm copying everything you write and submitting to a producer as my movie idea  :D

besilarius

That's what I love about this forum, Migs.
Everybody is always thinking.
No grass growing under feet here.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Windigo

I liked your blog on FB. So if you have some western canadians coping a read of your blog.... 'from far and wide, Oh Canada..."
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

^Thanks Breezy! I haven't had a chance to start my own FB page with the holiday this weekend but the family is going to be out of town...I should be able to put together a page for myself then.

Next immediate goal is to get the first storytelling post up on the blog, with images. Trying to make this simple to both read and write. Each post will have 1-3 images and 500-1000 words. In theory.

Will be kooky to see where this goes. Maybe after a year I could make a book out of it. Unless of course Migsy has already stolen my thunder :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on May 12, 2012, 12:22:45 PM
^Well obviously you are much less weird than Migs :) ...but you new that.

I dunno man.  I wouldn't bet either way on that!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

The day we all get busy trying to outweird each other will be the true apocalypse.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Then the True Apocalypse has come and gone already. And we didn't even notice...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^Proving how truly weird we are.

~fin~

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd