Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Major thread bump! I love the Diablo series and if you enjoy mindless killing and looting, you will too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on December 21, 2022, 09:56:21 AM
Major thread bump! I love the Diablo series and if you enjoy mindless killing and looting, you will too.

I wonder why the Diablo games have never been on Steam?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Rayfer on December 21, 2022, 10:38:18 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 21, 2022, 09:56:21 AM

I wonder why the Diablo games have never been on Steam?

I could be wrong, but believe all Blizzard games aren't on Steam and only use their Battle Net client.  As to why, I am sure it has something to do with money:)

Gusington

^That is correct on all counts.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

well, the site won't accept my PayPal account for some reason, not sure if a system error or something specific to me, although have used plenty elsewhere.  Looks like this will allow me to save some money and spend elsewhere:)

SlagDog

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 21, 2022, 09:52:02 AM
Major bump.....

I see that you can get Diablo III and Diablo II Resurrected for about $20 in BattleNet sale....I have never played this series  but have been tempted a number of times.  With other games out there now and the fact Diablo IV is coming out at some point, anybody have an opinion as to whether still worth picking this up?

Back in the day I played the crap out of D2. I have many fond memories of leveling my Pally up with one of my RL neighbors who was leveling an Amazon. But eventually other games became more engaging. You can only kill Diablo and his posse so many times before needing a change. I haven't really gone back to the series due to the clickity clickity nature of the game. I've tried out D3 and I had fun with the mindless killing as Gus says but for me there are always other games that hold my attention better. In addition I have several diablo like game that are just as fun like Grim Dawn, Torchlight, Path of Exile and Van Helsing. I never did buy D2 Resurrection just because I figured I played the crap out of it and I wouldn't really play it all that much again. So many games and not enough time  :P

Gusington

^+1 on Grim Dawn and Torchlight, less so for Van Helsing but it is still 'aight.' As the kids say.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Taurinoss

I was in a similar spot, reminiscing about the good ol' days of D2 but unsure if D3 was worth the plunge. And hey, I hear you on the clickity-clickity gameplay. It can feel a bit repetitive after a while, especially with so many other engaging titles available. Sometimes a bit of mindless demon-slaying is just what the doctor ordered, right? And with the sale going on, it's a pretty sweet deal. Plus, with Diablo IV on the horizon, it could be a good way to dip your toes back into the franchise and see if it still tickles your fancy.

Link to commercial website removed.

Sigwolf

Quote from: Taurinoss on March 26, 2024, 05:31:56 AMI was in a similar spot, reminiscing about the good ol' days of D2 but unsure if D3 was worth the plunge. And hey, I hear you on the clickity-clickity gameplay. It can feel a bit repetitive after a while, especially with so many other engaging titles available. Sometimes a bit of mindless demon-slaying is just what the doctor ordered, right? And with the sale going on, it's a pretty sweet deal. Plus, with Diablo IV on the horizon, it could be a good way to dip your toes back into the franchise and see if it still tickles your fancy.

Link to commercial website removed.
There's a Diablo IV on the horizon?  Please, tell us more about this breaking news!   :headscratch:

jamus34

Quote from: Sigwolf on March 26, 2024, 09:00:33 AMThere's a Diablo IV on the horizon?  Please, tell us more about this breaking news!   :headscratch:

Spambot will do spammy things
Insert witty comment here.

Bardolph

Sigwolf