Aventuria: Adventure Card Game

Started by Nefaro, April 10, 2018, 02:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Unpacked the Aventuria Adventure Card Game  and an expansion yesterday, sorted the cards, and punched the cardboard.

It has some great production value.  I was especially happy that the artwork on each card is almost all unique.  After experiencing a few card-heavy fantasy co-op games which had very repetitive card art, I appreciate this much more nowadays.  The card quality is top of the line too;  thick and with a heavy linen finish. 

As for the game, it looks like a lot of fun.  I primarily got it for solo'ing the cooperative side, but it also has a head-to-head pvp option too. 

The rules aren't very time consuming.  I get the impression it plays similar to the now defunct Warhammer Adventure Card Game (RIP :'(  ) or, for those unfamiliar with that, a bit like Shadowrun: Crossifre or Dragonfire but using character specific pre-constructed decks akin to the Lord of the Rings LCG or Sentinels of the Multiverse.  Plus more die-rolling for damage & skill tests with d20 and d6s.

Was thinking of solo'ing a scenario or two soon, but my PoD Zweihander physical copy just showed up.  Gonna try not to get a hernia picking it up for a read before any Aventuria.

RommelFox

That looks like a fun one.

The cards and game pieces seem to have some pretty good art on them.
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Nefaro

Quote from: RommelFox on April 10, 2018, 03:26:42 PM
That looks like a fun one.

The cards and game pieces seem to have some pretty good art on them.

Yeah, the art is high quality.

I think a lot of it came from their latest The Dark Eye RPG edition (the popular old German RPG line).  Which the Aventuria card game is based on.

bayonetbrant

I've still got some of my German-languagr Dark Eye stuff from the mid-80s...

That card game looks excellent
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 10, 2018, 04:07:03 PM
I've still got some of my German-languagr Dark Eye stuff from the mid-80s...

That card game looks excellent

I ended up impulse buying the latest Dark Eye English edition.  Ulisses Spiele America is quite reasonable with their hardback pricing.  Think I got it somewhere for $30 to $32 IIRC, and it's a typical top quality modern color RPG book.  Would normally expect to cough up closer to $50. 

My only complaint, even after getting the thin Bestiary book, is not enough monster stats.  Of course, their stat blocks are pretty huge compared to most.

As for the card game, I'll give more impressions after I get in a solo game or two.  Picked it up because there was a lot of positive word-of-mouth by people who played it a few times.  8)

wajayme

I should also try out this game, since I'm a big LOTR fan. It's amazing how there's a game for everything and everyone these days. It's literally impossible to not find a game that suits you or your personality. If you're asking me, I'm sticking with the classic games like https://online-solitaire.com/spider-solitaire and pinball. I've tried playing Call of Duty, Minecraft, Far Cry, but I don't know. It seems like they aren't made for me. After all, I'm almost 40 years old, so maybe that's why haha. My wife says that I should quit playing these games, but it's a relaxing thing to do, after work

AgentSmith

I am sorry to cut into the conversation but Nefaro mentioned the Aventuria game. I know it was like four years ago but I hope that by now they have played the game and can answer my question. I have been interested in this game for a while since it is supposed to be playable solo. Did you try it Nefaro? Does it work? That's how I would mostly play it, solo or occasionally with another person. I Arkham Horror despite being a huge game had pretty clear rules to play solo and I must say it was a fun experience. How is Aventuria? Did you enjoy it?

JoeNewmany1

Card games, it's very interesting, they develop your logical thinking, your desire to take risks, growing immensely. I prefer card games that can give you the opportunity to earn real money. For example poker. I like to play poker very much. Thanks to this game I earn not small sums of money. I play on a very good online platform SPAM play online in SPAM. On this platform are very good bonuses, a huge variety of different games, everyone can find a game that he likes, and with the help of which you can earn a lot of money.