The Xth Annual GrogHeads March Madness Bracket Challenge!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 08, 2017, 09:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 16, 2017, 11:13:26 AM
You've got about 5 minutes to get your brackets locked in!

Any last minute changes?  Make 'em now!

And yes, I'm taking UNC-W, Winthrop, and MTSU to win in the first round.  Why the hell not?

UNC-W won.  I had UVA picked. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on March 16, 2017, 02:27:13 PM
UNC-W won.  I had UVA picked. 

No, they didn't - UVA won 76-71.
I had UNC-W into the Sweet 16, too, so that really hurts.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Yep. Was glancing at it too quick.  And i had uncw also.

Am i looking at the group correctly, no 2 of us picked the same team to win.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on March 16, 2017, 02:47:34 PMAm i looking at the group correctly, no 2 of us picked the same team to win.

wow - you're right!

And 'Nova doesn't really count b/c even though that bracket "belongs" to me, it's just the straight favorite seedings that I put in there for us to compare against.

airboy

I picked the turtles to lose.  Turtle soup is excellent!

airboy

This is really weird.  We had 8 people enter a bracket.  Everyone picked a different winner.

Admittedly, Metal Dog picked Arizona which is the same as my picking my 14 year old deaf and blind dog - but everyone picked a different team.

There are 15 people in my office pool, and only 5 teams picked to win.

MetalDog

We'll see.  Who knows, maybe Duke will win it all?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Day 1 standings

My PPR took a serious hit w/ UNC-W and Winthrop both going out

RANK  BRACKET        R64     R32  S16   E8     F4   NCG    CHAMPION     PPR     TOTAL     PCT
1     Bison          150     0     0     0     0     0     Gonzaga      1760     150     99.2
2*    Straight Chalk 140     0     0     0     0     0     Villanova    1760     140     93.6
2*    dook sucks     140     0     0     0     0     0     UNC          1760     140     93.6
4*    KyzBP          130     0     0     0     0     0     Kentucky     1760     130     73.7
4*    MetalDog       130     0     0     0     0     0     Arizona      1740     130     73.7
4*    bayonetbrant   130     0     0     0     0     0     Louisville   1720     130     73.7
7     Marty Ward     120     0     0     0     0     0     Kansas       1760     120     51.0
8     OJsDad         110     0     0     0     0     0     UCLA         1740     110     30.6

OJsDad

None of my picks that lost yesterday are going to hurt too much, as I picked them all to lose in the second round, except for VCU, I picked them to lose in the sweet 16. 

bayonetbrant

I found a reason for Mirth to care about the tournament!  Apparently Bill Murray's son is an ass't coach for Xavier.

http://www.goxavier.com/coaches.aspx?rc=199&path=mbball

airboy

Bison

Creighton was my biggest loss so far had them making it to the sweet 16.