Panther Games to Change Publishers

Started by Arjuna, September 01, 2014, 11:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arjuna

Panther Games will be changing publishers at the end of October 2014. It has signed an agreement with another publisher to publish both its computer and board games. We will announce the new publisher soon.

Panther will be leaving Matrix Games with a lot of good will. The Command Ops Public Forum at Matrix Games will remain available to customers after the transition and support through Matrix Games will continue until the end of October 2014.  While not expected, should any future updates to the titles sold through Matrix be required, they would also be compatible with the Matrix Games releases.

Mr Dave O'Connor, President of Panther Games, said "We have been with Matrix Games for ten years and have enjoyed working with them. We are looking forward to streamlining our arrangements for publishing both our computer and board games. We wish Matrix Games all the best for the future."

Canberra, Australia. 2 September 2014
http://www.panthergames.com/

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Interesting indeed.....wonder what other publisher it can be.

I also wonder what it does mean for the existing games already purchased if they will be really furthering that series or starting something new.  Message said "While not expected, should any further updates to the titles sold through matrix be required, they would also be compatible with matrix releases".  Kind of sounds like the existing games are not expected to grow/patch any further, but hard to tell by this message.

If the new publisher allows them to get out more games cheaper and faster, then could be positive news...guess we will see and wish them the best of luck.

Grim.Reaper

Also interesting...nothing mentioned at all over at matrix unless missed it somewhere.....

Blucher

By streamlining maybe they mean releasing on Steam and reaching a bigger audience.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Blucher on September 02, 2014, 05:19:55 AM
By streamlining maybe they mean releasing on Steam and reaching a bigger audience.

Not sure, they could have done that staying with Matrix but maybe more money to be had elsewhere.  It has to be a publisher that supports both board and computer games since they mentioned the new publisher would handle both.  I guess time will tell.  Just interesting to make this announcement at a time they still couldn't say who the new publisher was, adds to the mystery:)

Staggerwing

Lock&Load maybe? I know they only have 1 computer game but David Heath is there now so maybe they feel ready to expand the offerings.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Pinetree

I reckon it might be LnL Publishing, sell the pc games via Steam and publish the boardgames themselves.Also Dave had a good relationship with David Heath... just a WAG though..;D
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Capn Darwin

LnL would be my first guess, but there are other options for board and computer games too. They could also self publish too. Go the Tiller route. Have to wait and see.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Con

I dont understand why make an announcement now without providing all the details?

It just leads to confusion and speculation

Con

bayonetbrant

LNLP - the board game company - does not have a computer game.  Matrix publishes the one that is based on the board game
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Con on September 02, 2014, 06:27:13 AM
I dont understand why make an announcement now without providing all the details?

It just leads to confusion and speculation

Con

My thoughts exactly.....seems like it stirs a mystery, especially without any formal acknowledgment at Matrix.  Makes it seem like they weren't on the same page, which maybe they weren't anyway:)

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 02, 2014, 06:44:44 AM
LNLP - the board game company - does not have a computer game.  Matrix publishes the one that is based on the board game

True. Still doesn't rule out the possibility though.