Ghostbusters 2020 = Spielbergian respect for source material?!?

Started by JasonPratt, December 09, 2019, 04:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2019, 01:32:59 PM
Will Aykroyd, Hudson or Murray be making cameos?

Everyone but Rick Moranis have agreed to return.  Murray made no direct statement about it but Dan Aykroyd confirmed he would be in the film in May.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Rick Moranis had basically lost his mind since the death of his wife many years ago, from what I have read. Sad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Moranis

Sigourney Weaver is coming back??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2019, 08:55:39 PM
Rick Moranis had basically lost his mind since the death of his wife many years ago, from what I have read. Sad.

That seems a bit harsh.
Though I'd never ever imagine I had anything approaching Rick Moranis's talent, I have also had to forgo a lot of what the wider world may have had in store for me when I decided to focus on caring for my kids over personal career ambitions.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Hm.

Enough downer vibes! Now for some RLM commentary on this project!

"So, Rich, are you excited for another Ghostbusters? {sip}"

"...not really?"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 10, 2019, 09:45:40 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2019, 08:55:39 PM

That seems a bit harsh.
Though I'd never ever imagine I had anything approaching Rick Moranis's talent, I have also had to forgo a lot of what the wider world may have had in store for me when I decided to focus on caring for my kids over personal career ambitions.

Yeah, that's a bit farther than what seems to be the case.  Moranis decided to retire and raise his family when his wife died.  Since then he's done some voice acting after his kids grew up, but he's been fine living off well invested money and never really liked the rigors of filming anyway. 

Movie making is kinda hard.  I was an on screen extra in the flop Walk in the Woods, with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte.  I put in a paid 18 hour day shooting two shots in the background.  It was kind of grueling.  Take after take in a hot diner with constant stops and reshoots. 

That was just a one day thing for me.  Got to hang out with Robert Redford which was cool since I was in the shot with him and he was free with conversation on the downtime.  Other than that though, yikes.  If I had enough money doing that job to retire from it I would.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I think someone already did a sequel to Butch and Sundance? Maybe more than once?

The more recent one I even remember getting good reviews!

JasonPratt

Yep, I'm not insane! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1629705

Blackthorn, with Sam Shepherd as Cassidy, trying to get back home after many years living in Bolivia.

Sir Slash

That looks good. I don't know how I missed it. I pine for good Westerns.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.