Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabius

Thanks, yeah Public Beta 1.0 is released. Looks real nice

Gusington

Would you play this instead of Rome 2 from what you've seen? Is it available on Steam workshop?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

fabius

Heck yes was thinking of giving it a try, and even buying Attila to do it if the field battles were a more frequent ratio to sieges.

I play Rome 2 with DEI mod that adds more too it. But looks like Attila has more base game stuff for modders to work with; and heard the AI is slightly better ???

Gusington

I am just about to start a new Rome 2 campaign and am deciding which game to use...Ancient Empires or standard Rome 2...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

fabius

If you already have Attila, why not a new take on it ?
Though beta could have stability issues...

Gusington

Do you know when it goes to v1.0? I thought that was happening this weekend.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

fabius

TWcenter is saying it's released already. Pretty sure there's Steam link there too.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

fabius

If you've played with DEI mod, let us know how it compares :-)

Gusington

^I did but years ago...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

What in your opinion is the best mod for Rome 2 and for Attila?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

It's been a few years since I've played Rome 2, but I am about to fix that. For Attila I've used a lot faction customization and addition mods as well as mods that get the campaign part of the game to run smoother. All around though, for an all encompassing transformative mod, Radious has always been my go to, and AFAIK he has created mods for every TW game for at least the last 3-4 years.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

fabius

Radius is worth a try.
Rome 2, I'd also recommend trying DeI. I think there are submods for it too, if you want faster or longer battles.

Gusington

^I was going to leave it to you to recommend DeI since I have only read about it but never used it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd