Main Menu

Slow website

Started by JudgeDredd, February 20, 2018, 08:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I updated Chrome today to 65.0.3325.146 and after seems to work much better for me now....hopefully this is the cure.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 08, 2018, 07:05:46 PM
I updated Chrome today to 65.0.3325.146 and after seems to work much better for me now....hopefully this is the cure.

Thanks for posting this. I just tried it and it looks like it's working well for me, too.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: BanzaiCat on March 09, 2018, 07:03:31 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 08, 2018, 07:05:46 PM

Thanks for posting this. I just tried it and it looks like it's working well for me, too.

No problem, been working great for me ever since.

JudgeDredd

I'm really sorry - but it is so painful for me to post here now - I really can't do it.

It takes a while for my keystroked to register and that's even more peinful when I have to backspace (which becomes more often the older I get). Like 30 seconds before that full stop showed upw.

I don't know ehre this camefrome, where this happend of when - but it's fucking downright painful to make a single post here
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Honestly - just look at the fucking state of my last post - that's what oi have to deal with and editing is even more painful.
Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

Same with me using the Chrome PC.  Slow as snot.

BanzaiCat

Mate, just switch over to Firefox. That'll alleviate all of your pain instantly.

Check your version of Chrome, too, and see if it's due for an update.

The latter worked for me...so too did the former, before I was made aware that there was an update for Chrome.

mirth

Are you still using Chrome, JD? Have you tried using Firefox instead?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 10, 2018, 04:33:49 PM
Honestly - just look at the fucking state of my last post - that's what oi have to deal with and editing is even more painful.

Are you sure your on the latest version of Chrome?  Before getting the latest, I had the same issues as you.  But ever since I installed the most current version, everything has returned back to normal.  Go to help->about and make sure you have minimally this version....

Version 65.0.3325.146

Staggerwing

Just a note to others- to have Chrome check for updates go to the menu section, click 'help' and then 'about Chrome'.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 10, 2018, 07:51:40 PM
Just a note to others- to have Chrome check for updates go to the menu section, click 'help' and then 'about Chrome'.

That did it for me.  I wasn't current, but now that I am, everything is smooth.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on March 10, 2018, 04:38:41 PM
Check your version of Chrome, too, and see if it's due for an update.
I wasn't...
Quote from: mirth on March 10, 2018, 04:39:03 PM
Are you still using Chrome, JD? Have you tried using Firefox instead?
Because the reason I moved to chrome was Google pulled HD support for images for IE - I don't really want to go to another one

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 10, 2018, 05:52:02 PM
Are you sure your on the latest version of Chrome?  Before getting the latest, I had the same issues as you.  But ever since I installed the most current version, everything has returned back to normal.  Go to help->about and make sure you have minimally this version....

Version 65.0.3325.146
I wasn't - thank you that seems to have worked.

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 10, 2018, 07:51:40 PM
Great - thanks - all seems to be well - just now. I can at least type and backspace!!
Alba gu' brath

Geezer

Just testing and it seems much better for me after updating Chrome.  No more lag in the Reply window.  :)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw