The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2018 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, April 02, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Power still on = beer still cold = Groovy.   O0

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

^Wyrd

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 15, 2018, 06:45:46 PM
Around 6pm things got all Thunderbolt&LightningVeryVeryFrightning, but after a bit Donar wandered off east, no doubt looking for some comely Jotun maiden to impress.

Just heard on the local NPR that the public library a couple towns over is doing a series of lectures on Norse mythology (their words, not mine) once a week until the end of July.  Each lecture is self contained.  I would give quite a bit to be able to attend just one, nevermind all of them.

Quote from: mirth on May 15, 2018, 02:23:47 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 15, 2018, 01:11:37 PM
Putting my helmet on now...

good thinking

https://twitter.com/growingwisdom/status/996469368732168192

A little love from Tornado Alley ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Hope you NE grogs are all good. Man that looked like a helluva storm.

Gusington

My buddy who lives about 3 miles from me probably won't have power until the weekend and I just got word I may be activated - our local counties are all in a state of emergency. No school today either and my other buddy's dumb wife may have driven in to an actual tornado as I mentioned above. She's still a dummy, btw.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Why are they dummies? I find this fascinating. Does this mean your buddies are meatheads too?

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on May 16, 2018, 01:04:04 PM
My buddy who lives about 3 miles from me probably won't have power until the weekend and I just got word I may be activated - our local counties are all in a state of emergency. No school today either and my other buddy's dumb wife may have driven in to an actual tornado as I mentioned above. She's still a dummy, btw.

Jeebus. We had a few showers here. Nothing even close to what you got.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Five inches of rain here in the last 3 days which in Florida we call, Wednesday.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Just for clarity my buddy's wife is the dummy. Tall, statuesque blonde who thinks she is a militant feminist by being contrary all the time and putting black nail polish on her toes. Know what I'm saying? So I was a little doubtful when we heard her phone call yesterday afternoon that she was driving through 'trees going sideways.' Looks like it was true, though.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on May 15, 2018, 09:37:00 PM
Just heard on the local NPR that the public library a couple towns over is doing a series of lectures on Norse mythology (their words, not mine) once a week until the end of July.  Each lecture is self contained.  I would give quite a bit to be able to attend just one, nevermind all of them.

see if anyone is making them available on video to watch?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Four killed in the NE storms yesterday

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/weather/cleanup-underway-a-day-after-powerful-storms-pound-northeast/ar-AAxlYpB?ocid=spartanntp

An AP article.

QuoteConnecticut officials said two people in New Fairfield and Danbury were killed Tuesday in separate accidents when trees fell on their trucks, including a woman whose 3-year-old child escaped injury. In New York, falling trees in Newburgh claimed the lives of an 11-year-old girl in a parked car and a woman who was driving.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

Chillin' but the womenfolk are ready to kill each other :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd