A Country Stroll to the Bunker

Started by PanzersEast, December 01, 2016, 07:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Today's mission is a little stroll in the countryside... and our objective is a German Bunker to clear the way for support coming up in the rear.  Bailey (Co), Biggs (Sniper),  Baker (Rocket Launcher), Scott (Squad). 

Nefaro

I see they made the board layout more sensible this time.   O0

MikeGER

Hurra ! :D  ....the first Warfighter WW2 AARs dropping in  :bd:

PanzersEast

We come upon a Farm and fan out.  We spot a lone solider taking a stroll around the perimeter and some soldiers setting around the outside of the Farm house.  A couple meters away sets a Opel.  Maybe a forward post?  Biggs takes up his position and sets his sights on the lone soldier... on his shot we attack.....

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 02, 2016, 08:32:33 AM
We spot a long solider taking a stroll around the perimeter and some soldiers setting around the outside of the Farm house.

Was he a long tall drink of water?

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on December 02, 2016, 01:18:47 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 02, 2016, 08:32:33 AM
We spot a long solider taking a stroll around the perimeter and some soldiers setting around the outside of the Farm house.

Was he a long tall drink of water?

Not for Long  :D  :DD

smittyohio

You've got your work cut out for you on your first turn...  Those recruits are going to screen the other 2 cards until killed / suppressed... and if you can't get 3 EKIA / Suppress tokens on that truck, you'll potentially get more reinforcements out of it too (0-3 numbered cards.. yikes..).  I see a grenade in its future. ;-)

Dunno if you've seen them yet, but there's some German hostile cards that will remove a EKIA counter each turn, in addition to a Suppress.  Nasty.  This is so much harder for me so far than the basic Warfighter cartel hostiles, but that's a *good* thing.  Now I just wish they'd have created a real campaign (string of scenarios?), and a bunch of canned scenarios.  Maybe in an expansion.

PanzersEast

Quote from: smittyohio on December 04, 2016, 04:36:47 PM
You've got your work cut out for you on your first turn...  Those recruits are going to screen the other 2 cards until killed / suppressed... and if you can't get 3 EKIA / Suppress tokens on that truck, you'll potentially get more reinforcements out of it too (0-3 numbered cards.. yikes..).  I see a grenade in its future. ;-)

Dunno if you've seen them yet, but there's some German hostile cards that will remove a EKIA counter each turn, in addition to a Suppress.  Nasty.  This is so much harder for me so far than the basic Warfighter cartel hostiles, but that's a *good* thing.  Now I just wish they'd have created a real campaign (string of scenarios?), and a bunch of canned scenarios.  Maybe in an expansion.

You are correct, I eventually lost Baker and Scott because this bogged us down.  I had some bad reinforcement pulls which hampered us further and I eventually lost Bailey and Biggs because I was simply outnumbered.  I had Ambushers rush and and harass me as well...  in the end, it felt like a trap.

TacticalWargames

Have the core set and all expansions which I hope to review as soon as I possibly can! After reading the rules it seems to be the perfect game for me.