Beyond the burning FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, July 15, 2022, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Running out of Friday over here and no Friday thread ...

Playing Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive.

Used my 50% Matrix anniversary coupon for this.  If somebody wonders, found out this year that no matter how much you buy the coupon is capped at 50%  :).

Tripoli

Finishing getting my butt kicked in FoG2 and FoG2-Medevil tournament.  Getting started on getting my butt kicked in the Combat Mission: Cold World tournament.  CMO work trying to nail down the sound levels of various cold war submarines.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

nelmsm

Well doing some PBEM WDS ACW in a tournament and one with Grim Reaper as a teaching tool.  Playtesting a solitaire scenario for the upcoming WDS Rumyantsev '43 Panzer Campaign title and testing Flashpoint Campaign Southern Storm scenarios.  And for a break I'm working my way through the Campaign South Vietnam tutorials.  C'mon retirement!  2 more weeks to go.  Wife kept saying I couldn't sit around and play games all day but since she's leaving I guess I can do just that if I want.

Gusington

I too am finishing getting my butt kicked as Baktria in Rome: TW with the Imperium Surrectum mod, billed as ' challenging' and they were not kidding. Was destroyed twice by Rome and Carthage as Syracuse and now getting wrecked by the Saka and Seleucids.

I was originally going to try out DEI for Rome 2 TW but I may switch it up a bit and try out 634 Fire & Swords mod for Attila TW, not sure which faction yet...Tuareg are an available faction (northern Sahara) which sounds epic.

May dabble in some Assassin's Creed: Valhalla as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Somewhat of a theme developing here as I am also having my rear end regularly booted in MP Strategic Command ACW ...my record currently stands at 2 and 9 and our Colonial cousins apparently term it on the sporting field :hide:

Lots of Camels as the Tuareg Gus....try not to marry one. ;)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Sir Slash

True. It's hard to find a really good Camel-Divorce lawyer. Gonna try to get in some WitE time. Not looking too promising at the moment.  :-[
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Geezer

No gaming.  Watching my favorite golf tournament of the year, the British Open.  Yes, I know it's The Open now but that feels condescending to me and I grew up with it called the British Open.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on July 15, 2022, 08:02:13 PM
I too am finishing getting my butt kicked as Baktria in Rome: TW with the Imperium Surrectum mod, billed as ' challenging' and they were not kidding. Was destroyed twice by Rome and Carthage as Syracuse and now getting wrecked by the Saka and Seleucids.

I was originally going to try out DEI for Rome 2 TW but I may switch it up a bit and try out 634 Fire & Swords mod for Attila TW, not sure which faction yet...Tuareg are an available faction (northern Sahara) which sounds epic.

May dabble in some Assassin's Creed: Valhalla as well.

Those sound good.  As for me -- Unity of Command 2: Desert Rats and boardgame: Wing Leader in its various incarnations.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: nelmsm on July 15, 2022, 03:23:53 PM
Well doing some PBEM WDS ACW in a tournament and one with Grim Reaper as a teaching tool.  Playtesting a solitaire scenario for the upcoming WDS Rumyantsev '43 Panzer Campaign title and testing Flashpoint Campaign Southern Storm scenarios.  And for a break I'm working my way through the Campaign South Vietnam tutorials.  C'mon retirement!  2 more weeks to go.  Wife kept saying I couldn't sit around and play games all day but since she's leaving I guess I can do just that if I want.

Thanks nelmsm for playing against a newbie like me.  He has been providing very good tips/teachings along the way as this is my first PBEM with any of these games.  No doubt I will end up slaughtered but have already learned enough to make it worthwhile:)

Phantom

My games room (board games) is recklessly in the conservatory - off limits now it 30+ in the UK!

Gusington

The Barry Cunliffe book I am reading on the Scythians has brought me back to the Hellenistic Age, so once my Baktria campaign is over, one way or another, I think I will stick with my DEI plan and AssCreed Odyssey - hoping to break the 'losing on all fronts' theme also.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

nelmsm

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 17, 2022, 07:25:26 AM
Quote from: nelmsm on July 15, 2022, 03:23:53 PM

Thanks nelmsm for playing against a newbie like me.  He has been providing very good tips/teachings along the way as this is my first PBEM with any of these games.  No doubt I will end up slaughtered but have already learned enough to make it worthwhile:)

My pleasure sir!  Always glad to help someone learn the nuances of the Tiller games.  Offer is open to anyone else that might be interested.