Feedback on Crusader Kings II AAR

Started by bayonetbrant, August 27, 2012, 10:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Undercovergeek makes his debut splash on the article collection, with a meaty take on CKII.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Great start! Looking forward to this alot. 8)

Martok

Quote from: Barthheart on August 27, 2012, 10:53:29 AM
Great start! Looking forward to this alot. 8)
Ditto that!  This should be good. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

I already have Part 2 in my hot little hands...
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

bob48

A great start geek, lets have some more!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

give it a few days, lads.  we've got a doozy coming on Wednesday first ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

thanks all so far - its weird as hell playing as a count - being subservient to my liege AND the HRE - and having a possibility of being their Spymaster or whatever - very odd but a also very immersive, much more decision making to be made as a count

Gusington

Looking forward to reading it! Thanks for writing it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Good start, ucg.  It's whetting my appetite for my (hoped for) purchase of CK II in the upcoming Steam Labor Day sale.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

TheCommandTent

Great start to the AAR and with just the right amount of 'ham'.  :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Nefaro

Barthheart

Undercovergeek.
If I could be so bold as to request every once in a while you post a shot of the wider state of europe.

I've found in playing you get so focused on your own little corner that the rest of Europe can develop in interesting ways that will bite you in the ass!

IE My unification of Ireland was going swimmingly until king dies and leaves his 10 year old son in charge. Next month Norway (!) shows up with 10000+ troops and wants and takes it all.... I zoom out and see that Norway actually won the power struggle for England and controls it, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, and most of Finland.... ack!  :o

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

absolutely - great idea - the next 2 installments are in with LB