Main Menu

Battle Fleet 2

Started by steve58, June 03, 2014, 08:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capitalj

Quote from: Boggit on August 02, 2014, 12:36:27 PM
@CapitalJ - if I get it from your site pre-Steam, will you be giving free Steam keys out to existing users as and when it goes on Steam?

I'm not exactly sure how the steam key process works but it there's no special limits then yes I will be able to give you a steam key if you already purchased the PC version. Just send me an email with your purchase receipt using this form: http://www.battlefleetgame.com/windows-help.html

RedArgo

I played a few battles on the Android version and it seems like fun.

I think I have it mostly figured out, but I have a few questions I didn't see explained in the app or on the site, although I may have just missed the answers.

For airstrikes, why are there multiple airplane icons when I go to "Fire", but then I only get to choose one, then next turn one of them isn't available?  Are they reloading?

Also, what difference does angle make when launching airstrikes?  Is there a better chance to hit going broadside vs long ways?  Is there somewhere to pick torpedo vs dive bomber?

Thanks for any help.

capitalj

Quote from: RedArgo on August 04, 2014, 07:17:52 AM
For airstrikes, why are there multiple airplane icons when I go to "Fire", but then I only get to choose one, then next turn one of them isn't available?  Are they reloading?

Also, what difference does angle make when launching airstrikes?  Is there a better chance to hit going broadside vs long ways?  Is there somewhere to pick torpedo vs dive bomber?

The multiple airplane icons represent how many flights you have available. You can only launch 1 flight per turn from the ship/airfield. The flight takes a few turns to return and refuel before it is ready again. The number over the flight icon shows when it will be ready again. Each flight also has a certain amount of health (the green bar underneath the icon) and as they get damaged during airstrikes or air defense they will be less effective.

The angle is usually best to set lengthwise along your target so that as many bombs as possible hit as the bombs are dropped in a line. It's easier to score hits against bigger ships, so airstrikes against battleships, carriers, etc.. are very devastating. The reason this is not automatic is because sometimes you might want to try and hit 2 ships that are close together by setting the target between them.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

jomni

I have a question on carriers. What does defend do? I suppose it is assigning CAP. And when to use it? I only tried Attack so far in all my battles.

capitalj

Quote from: jomni on August 05, 2014, 01:21:21 AM
I have a question on carriers. What does defend do? I suppose it is assigning CAP. And when to use it? I only tried Attack so far in all my battles.

Good question. Defend does indeed assign the flight to a CAP. So as long as a flight is on defend it will help protect the carrier and any nearby ships from airstrikes. It won't guarantee a defense, but if the attack still goes through then the enemy flight will be severely damaged. You can sometimes see the AI do that if they don't launch an airstrike on their turn (you will hear an air siren effect), so that can be a warning that their carrier or airfield is protected. I should probably add more visual feedback to that though :)

jomni

Would be cool if there was a dog fight animation.
Is the defense area user placed? Or always around the carrier?

capitalj

Quote from: jomni on August 05, 2014, 04:33:05 AM
Is the defense area user placed? Or always around the carrier?

Just around the carrier, it's not user placed.

RedArgo

I haven't used planes for defense, but when I built the Yorktown, I put all AA guns instead of large caliber guns on it and it did drive off an airfield launched attack.  That worked once in about four attacks.  I don't know if that's a good strategy or not in the long run though.