Main Menu

Battle Fleet 2

Started by steve58, June 03, 2014, 08:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

How much fun is this!!

House rule - no ranging shot, all fire must be in salvos. I fired one massive broadside from the USS Idaho at a Japanese destroyer, and just MESSED it up!

Yes..halfway between 1750 and 3500 is 2625, and half again is 3062.5, or 2287.5

fabius

Quote from: capitalj on July 25, 2014, 02:41:07 PM
The Japanese campaign is also pretty interesting and can be more challenging because of their starting territories. Let me know if you think they are too easy on higher difficulty levels if you get a chance.

That's an easy thing to add in, I'll increase the max zoom in level a bit in the next update.

Thanks, just got to get those AAs when the battles close and air squadrons depleted.

Rayfer

My apology if this was already posted.  James Allen's Out of 8 site video review of BF2. I very much liked what I saw. http://www.outofeight.info/2014/07/battle-fleet-2-gameplay-review.html

steve58

...seems to be ON SALE for ~1 day for $7.49 at Humble and Desura. Grab it!

http://www.battlefleetgame.com/buy.html
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

capitalj

New review up today from AppPicker: http://www.apppicker.com/reviews/16879/Battle-Fleet-2-app-review-your-naval-mission-awaits

We're trying to get some more video reviews, so if you guys follow any youtubers, suggest the game and we'll send them a review copy.

Staggerwing

Quote from: steve58 on July 26, 2014, 07:25:58 PM
...seems to be ON SALE for ~1 day for $7.49 at Humble and Desura. Grab it!

http://www.battlefleetgame.com/buy.html

Got it!

Now bring on the North Atlantic and Med expansions! Throw in Bf 109Ts and Stukas with tail hooks!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Dumb question, never bought anything from desura or humble, what is the difference between the two?  Any advantage with one or the other? How do game updates get distributed from each of these stores?

capitalj

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 26, 2014, 08:06:25 PM
Dumb question, never bought anything from desura or humble, what is the difference between the two?  Any advantage with one or the other? How do game updates get distributed from each of these stores?

Good question. They are both pretty similar. Humble gives us a better percentage though so that's always nice :) Desura is cool too and it's a store so sales on there help boost the popularity. It's mostly just if you have an account with Desura already that it will be easier to purchase for you. The updates are distributed through the same stores, so you'll be able to just download and install the updates the same way you download the game. You can sign up for the newsletter to get info about the progress of the game and updates: http://www.battlefleetgame.com/subscribe.html

Thanks for the interest!

jomni

Can't seem to hit anything.  How do I know the range aside from trial and error?
What's the standard range for a grid?

capitalj

Quote from: jomni on July 27, 2014, 12:22:13 AM
Can't seem to hit anything.  How do I know the range aside from trial and error?
What's the standard range for a grid?

To figure out the range to an enemy, select a weapon and zoom out to see the circles around your ship. If you are playing on Ensign difficulty (recommended for first few games) you will see 2 circles, one for the weapon's max range and the smaller circle for 1/2 weapon's max range. So if the enemy ship is on the 1/2 range circle, then you set your weapon's power to 1/2 (you can see it's max power/range value at the bottom right when you select a weapon). If the enemy is halfway between the 2 circles, then you set the power to around 3/4.

There's a screenshot here to help: http://www.battlefleetgame.com/help.html

Obviously the enemy will rarely be on one of those circles, but you'll start to get a feel for the range pretty quickly once you see how it works. Let me know if you have any more questions.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2014, 09:41:28 AM
There are coastal guns? Fantastic. A Great War version of this would be squeal worthy.

Thanks. I needed a "Deliverance" moment. O0
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Grim.Reaper

Picked it up and played a quick battle....pretty nice feel to it...although Japan kicked my butt in the first battle.

fabius

Had a tech issue. Maybe I went over max ships 20 vs 8

Anyhow, tried it twice now and in the battle no ships are showing on map or unit list on bottom of screen.

Shelldrake

Has anyone tried the android version?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

What phase is the PC version in right now? Alpha, beta?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd