Main Menu

Battle Fleet 2

Started by steve58, June 03, 2014, 08:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I have the PC version and was under the impression it was the release version. But I could be Wrong.

Gusington

Did you get it from Steam?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Its not on Steam.  They're still trying to get it Greenlit, but aren't there yet.  Right now you get it from Humble or Desura.  I've bought from both site with no problems...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

^Yeah that's what I thought...

EDIT: Just bought it from Desura and installed the Desura client. Tried to launch Desura to install Battle Fleet 2 but get this error:

Failed to update Desura: couldn't connect to server.

Is this a firewall issue?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

capitalj

Quote from: Gusington on July 27, 2014, 01:57:38 PM
EDIT: Just bought it from Desura and installed the Desura client. Tried to launch Desura to install Battle Fleet 2 but get this error:

Failed to update Desura: couldn't connect to server.

Is this a firewall issue?

Hi, that sounds like a problem with Desura. Can you see if any of the tech support solutions listed here work for you: http://www.desura.com/forum/board/tech-support

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on July 27, 2014, 01:17:49 PM
Did you get it from Steam?

I bought it from humble...installed with no issues.

bobarossa

Quote from: Shelldrake on July 27, 2014, 08:37:07 AM
Has anyone tried the android version?
I've bought the Android version and played one Quick Battle so far.  No problems to report and I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Haven't gotten back to it yet because Android gaming is lower on my priority list right now.  When they get an in-battle save working, I'll be much likelier to play it.

Gusington

Thanks capitalj...my exact issue is listed in the forums, but without a solution :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

capitalj

Quote from: Gusington on July 27, 2014, 03:03:48 PM
Thanks capitalj...my exact issue is listed in the forums, but without a solution :/

Can you put up a few more details of the issue? does your error have any other info like the proxy text? I can send that info to my Desura contact.

You might also want to temporarily disable any anti-virus system or firewall to see if it will install Desura then. If you still can't get it working, fill out a support request at: http://www.battlefleetgame.com/windows-help.html with your Desura invoice details/email address and I will send you a direct download link once your purchase has been verified. Sorry for the hassle.

Gusington

^Thanks capitalj, I am going to poke around with Norton, etc. and see what's up. It may be a firewall issue because now I am suddenly blocked out of multiplayer in another game too.

EDIT: Problem almost solved...Desura would not update the client while Pandora was open and running. Weird.

>:(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Quote from: bobarossa on July 27, 2014, 02:55:41 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on July 27, 2014, 08:37:07 AM
Has anyone tried the android version?
I've bought the Android version and played one Quick Battle so far.  No problems to report and I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Haven't gotten back to it yet because Android gaming is lower on my priority list right now.  When they get an in-battle save working, I'll be much likelier to play it.

Thanks. I have been looking for a good tablet gaming experience.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on July 27, 2014, 03:03:48 PM

The good thing about Desura is that you can also download a separate game installer package that doesn't require a distribution client (and is usually DRM-free). 

Just log in to the website through your browser, and select the 'Games' tab further down the screen.  That should list the games you own on Desura.  Go to the specific game's page and an installer link should be on the right.

Gusington

Believe it or not the issue was having Pandora open in browser...I closed it and.then the issue went away. Only thing left to decide now is which campaign to start first.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

capitalj

Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2014, 08:22:16 AM
Believe it or not the issue was having Pandora open in browser...I closed it and.then the issue went away. Only thing left to decide now is which campaign to start first.

Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out :)

Boggit

It looks a fun game. I'm thinking of picking it up when it comes out on Steam. 8)

@CapitalJ - if I get it from your site pre-Steam, will you be giving free Steam keys out to existing users as and when it goes on Steam?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat