5 Free Osprey Ebooks a week for four weeks

Started by Destraex, March 23, 2020, 05:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

For those not familiar with osprey books, they are books that concentrate on very specific military history subjects have commissioned artwork to illustrate them and are great little summarys of things. I have probably got at least 300 of them each on something very specific. They can be on a campaign, vehicle, weapon, order of battle, aces, troop type etc. Osprey books cover the entirety of military history from before the egyptians to the present day.

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/Free_eBooks_week_1/?fbclid=IwAR0qC1gG1dL6P5nZ8q3pgt3Kxl6kjeeF5RZiUQu7qvHmxtOBl3A9MBPeM-Q

First weeks free books, I just got them, you apply the coupon at the bottom of your basket not the checkout to get them for free, you can add them all and then apply the coupon once and it will take the tally to zero:

CBT 8: US Marine vs Japanese Infantryman by Gordon L. Rottman
Illustrated by Johnny Shumate

DUE 65: Bf 109E/F vs Yak-1/7 by Dmitriy Khazanov, Aleksander Medved
Illustrated by Jim Laurier, Gareth Hector, Andrey Yurgenson

ELI 110: Sassanian Elite Cavalry AD 224–642 by Kaveh Farrokh
Illustrated by Angus McBride

RAID 37: Blackbeard's Last Fight by Angus Konstam
Illustrated by Mark Stacey, Johnny Shumate, Alan Gilliland

WPN 26: The Martini-Henry Rifle by Stephen Manning
Illustrated by Peter Dennis
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Barthheart

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

88mmkwk

Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Destraex

I now have them on my phone and open them through apple books as epub files.
I hate reading off a screen but will take these free osprey books. They usually cost around $30 each here.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

W8taminute

Whoo hoo!  Thanks for the tip Destraex  :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

demjansk1942

Thanks for the link.  Question, it downloads the ebooks and it is viewed using Overdrive.  Is there a way to have the books show up on the Kindle Book section on the Home screen?

Thanks

Destraex

I am not reading them on kindle. Because I got them on epub to use on my iphone and I hate pdf files for this sort of thing.
The kindle incidentally cannot read epub, you would have to convert the books to mobi format. The kindle will read mobi. From memeory a program called calibre will do that.

steve58

Week 2 freebies is up:

AVG 6: Hawker Hurricane Mk I–V by Martyn Chorlton
Illustrated by Adam Tooby, Simon Smith

CAM 276: Waterloo 1815 (1) by John Franklin
Illustrated by Gerry Embleton

MAA 447: The Czech Legion 1914–20 by David Bullock
Illustrated by Ramiro Bujeiro

NVG 214: US Heavy Cruisers 1943–75 by Mark Stile
Illustrated by Paul Wright

WAR 7: Samurai 1550–1600 by Anthony J Bryant
Illustrated by Angus McBride

update:  :-\ Code (FREEBOOKS2) is not working.

update 2:  Still can't get code to work.  I went looking for the Week 2 deals (edited link from Destraex's post).  Maybe the deal isn't active yet??

update 3:  working :)  but site is still sluggish
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Destraex

Week 3 Free books are up:
These ones are better than week 2 I think. So far I only own one of the books out of all three weeks.

COM 32: B-25 Mitchell Units of the MTO by Steve Pace
Illustrated by Jim Laurier

WPN 2: The Rocket Propelled Grenade by Gordon L. Rottman
Illustrated by Ramiro Bujeiro, Tony Bryan

WAR 38: Fallschirmjäger by Bruce Quarrie
Illustrated by Velimir Vuksic

CAM 256: Fallen Timbers 1794 by John F. Winkler
Illustrated by Peter Dennis

MAA 445: Medieval Polish Armies 966–1500 by David Nicolle, Witold Sarnecki
Illustrated by Gerry Embleton, Ian Rotherham

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/Free_eBooks_week_3/?fbclid=IwAR00_1XlLuIZxwc-FJKC3HvvH4s4wAQUbQM-hoyiPkX5Ygh7XpyOOIR4VFs

Pete Dero

Quote from: Destraex on April 09, 2020, 03:18:56 AM
MAA 445: Medieval Polish Armies 966–1500 by David Nicolle, Witold Sarnecki
Illustrated by Gerry Embleton, Ian Rotherham

Damned.  I was hoping for a book about Medieval Polish Armies 966-1400.  Maybe better luck next time.   (c) Little Britain https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4n10h

demjansk1942

I am having a difficult time finding the section for the books on the website, what is the method to find it? Thanks

I found it and place in the basket but it doesn't show anything in the basket or checkout, I wonder what's wrong?

Another problem, got the books in the checkout, apply coupon, and it keeps saying I am not in the right store for checkout, shows the required field star and I have the same address as last time.  Help

steve58

demjansk1942, make sure you have selected the correct region for you.  Its a drop down in the upper right corner of the screen.  I select United States for me.  UK, Canada and Rest of World are the other choices.