Diablo II - Resurrected

Started by CJReich46, February 19, 2021, 07:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Yeah, I don't mean to make it a bigger thing than it needs to be.  I dig the Conan the Barbarian artwork feel of the oldschool design, but I really don't care if they feel like updating the character design to make it more "modern" or whatever to appeal to a wider demographic.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

Fair enough. I am sure when they remake Conan the movie series it will be similarly changed.
I do understand the need to make sure that female gamers do not feel objectified in this day and age. I am not trying to suggest they should not clean it up. Just that some people would prefer a full nostalgia version without anything but updated graphics. So it is like it was fresh out of the box. It's why Rome Remastered will have options to get rid of any of the new stuff you do not like for the most part. I seem to remember some rome1 hubub about naked gauls not having their doodles right back then. A mod put them back in. History as it should be. As near to the truth as possible. Options are the key.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

smittyohio

I pre-ordered this with my blizzard balance since it's not costing me any real money.  From what I've seen, it looks great.  I just hope they change it to have individual loot.   I know some people love the thrill of trying to out-click other players, but I found it an exercise in frustration, especially when bots can exploit it.

aloha20202

If you decide to play Diablo 2 Resurrected, you should know about the unique items. They sometimes play a role in the final stages of this part of the game. I want to start with almost the cheapest item of the magic fist. And it is because players can buy it for fairly common medium runes. But do not underestimate it because of the price; on the other hand, it is the best caster weapon in the slot. Equally important to me in the game are the Valor of Arcane, Raven Frost, and the Stone of Jordan. I've come a long way with these weapons. But before I buy any of them, I always check on https://www.yesgamers.com/diablo-2/magefist for their properties.

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: aloha20202 on October 21, 2022, 08:08:12 AM
If you decide to play Diablo 2 Resurrected, you should know about the unique items.

Wait, are you talking about the crotchless pants that Des claims he can't find any more?    :arr:

al_infierno

If you decide to play Diablo 2 Resurrected, you should know about the unique items.

Welcome to the board!  Did you play a lot of D2 back in the day, or are you new to the game?

(Praying that you're not a bot who's about to edit the post to add a spam link!)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 21, 2022, 02:55:50 PM

Wait, are you talking about the crotchless pants that Des claims he can't find any more?    :arr:

lol. Exactly. I miss them.
All jokes aside though I am not one for any kind of raunchiness in games, I think that sort of thing is cheap but I know some people love it. But like the famous person supposedly said, "I will still defend your right to say it" so to speak.

""I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" is said to have come from Voltaire. It is not from Voltaire, the 18th-century philosopher, but it was a paraphrase from a biographer named Evelyn Beatrice Hall of what she thought Voltaire was thinking."
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

al_infierno

I agree with you Des and reading back over my old comments I think I was unduly harsh to your valid points.

- MengJiao

Rayfer

I really wish Diablo with all its iterations were available on Steam.  :-\

al_infierno

Yeah, the Blizzard launcher is hot garbage.

- MengJiao

Gusington

+1 - I wish I didn't enjoy the Diablo games as much as I do sometimes.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd