Main Menu

Hearts of Iron IV

Started by Ian C, May 13, 2016, 01:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatter

I think people are making a bit much over nothing. In HOI3 (and HOI4 I bet) the AI will follow the historical path and it turns out pretty much like history. The only problems I have seen are that Japan conquers China too quickly. The only problem I could see would be multiplayer, but you can choose who you play with.

W8taminute

I am hoping that HOI4 is going to be as polished as Stellaris which is a big hit imho. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

Saw Hearts of Iron 4 Cadets Edition (6/6/16 release date) on sale for $26.45 at the cdkeys.com site.  Digital download on Steam.

IronX

According to Paradox, if you're a cheapskate and buy the Cadet's Edition your soldier sprites will be replaced with Pokemon characters. Or so I've heard.

sandman2575

Man, I would give Gus's left nut for this to come out on Memorial Day instead of D-Day....

(Sorry Gus, just keeping with tradition   :) )

jamus34

Quote from: sandman2575 on May 26, 2016, 02:04:19 PM
Man, I would give Gus's left nut for this to come out on Memorial Day instead of D-Day....

I thought he lost that for the Stellaris launch.

We'll have to sacrifice the right one instead :)
Insert witty comment here.

Greybriar

Quote from: IronX on May 26, 2016, 10:49:58 AM
According to Paradox, if you're a cheapskate and buy the Cadet's Edition your soldier sprites will be replaced with Pokemon characters. Or so I've heard.

I'm tempted to buy the Cadet's Edition then update it when all things Hearts of Iron IV go on sale for 75% off. >:D
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

OJsDad

Quote from: jamus34 on May 26, 2016, 02:06:37 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on May 26, 2016, 02:04:19 PM

I thought he lost that for the Stellaris launch.

We'll have to sacrifice the right one instead :)

I think we're saving his right one for Civ VI.  Perhaps have to sacrifice something more on the centerline. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: IronX on May 26, 2016, 10:49:58 AM

Count me in as being a cheapskate:)  I am sure eventually I will buy all the goodies, but can wait for all that stuff in a future sale....

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 26, 2016, 04:55:43 PM
Count me in as being a cheapskate:)  I am sure eventually I will buy all the goodies, but can wait for all that stuff in a future sale....

I'm waiting to buy the game itself in a future sale.  I wonder whether Paradox has shot itself in the foot releasing so close to Stellaris.  I still think I'll be playing Stellaris months from now, and I only have time for one grand strategy at a time.  I can't be the only one.  As excited as I am for HoI4, there's just no point buying it right now.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 26, 2016, 05:00:41 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 26, 2016, 04:55:43 PM

I'm waiting to buy the game itself in a future sale.  I wonder whether Paradox has shot itself in the foot releasing so close to Stellaris.  I still think I'll be playing Stellaris months from now, and I only have time for one grand strategy at a time.  I can't be the only one.  As excited as I am for HoI4, there's just no point buying it right now.

Sadly, I am a compulsive buyer, whether I will fully play it any time soon:)  And since I know I will buy it eventually, might as well take advantage of the pre-order sales since I am guessing future sales likely won't happen in the next few months...but who knows.

sandman2575

When HOI4 comes out, I have no doubt it is going to clear everything else off my gaming plate for weeks.

Absolutely my most anticipated release in years.   O0

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: sandman2575 on May 26, 2016, 05:27:05 PM
When HOI4 comes out, I have no doubt it is going to clear everything else off my gaming plate for weeks.

Absolutely my most anticipated release in years.   O0

I really hope it is good for your health's sake.....you have created very high expectations so hoping it does not let you down:)

IronX

Yeah, I ordered the kiddies edition through Instant Gaming a while back. The series, for all its faults, has been my favorite WWII strategic wargame for years. Can't wait.

sandman2575

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 26, 2016, 05:28:46 PM
I really hope it is good for your health's sake.....you have created very high expectations so hoping it does not let you down:)

What do you mean? I merely expect HoI4 to be the most exciting, realistic strategic simulation of WW2 ever created -- in a word, perfect.

So yeah, my expectations are entirely tempered by reality and past experience.   ;)