King Without a FRIDAY

Started by Jarhead0331, April 05, 2019, 03:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

In anticipation of the recently announced Panzer Campaigns: Japan '45, I bought a small pile of John Tiller games that I plan on diving into this weekend.  Panzer Campaigns: Moscow '42, Salerno '43, Normandy '44, and Squad Battles: Pacific War.

Also, just got Shattered Sword by Jonathan Parshall and Platoon Leader by James McDonough in the mail today.  Gonna crack those open soon!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: al_infierno on April 05, 2019, 08:50:01 PM
In anticipation of the recently announced Panzer Campaigns: Japan '45, I bought a small pile of John Tiller games that I plan on diving into this weekend.  Panzer Campaigns: Moscow '42, Salerno '43, Normandy '44, and Squad Battles: Pacific War.

Also, just got Shattered Sword by Jonathan Parshall and Platoon Leader by James McDonough in the mail today.  Gonna crack those open soon!

Just a small pile:)  That seems like it would last you for years:)

al_infierno

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 05, 2019, 08:51:42 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on April 05, 2019, 08:50:01 PM

Just a small pile:)  That seems like it would last you for years:)

Hahaha well, I have gaming ADD when it comes to playing a specific theater/setting, so I figured I ought to cover all my bases  ;)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 05, 2019, 05:32:00 AM
AoW 3 and Civ 6 PBEM games

Space Engineers

DCS World

C:MANO

and Advanced Squad Leader

That sounds swell -- as for me mostly boardgames such as Montélimar – Anvil Of Fate.

Moreb

Down in the woods again. I messed with the extremely complicated and often not intuitive Fantasy Grounds for an hour or so but, like at home, I am still in the midst of some weird computer gaming funk. Seems I can't sit still long enough to ever get that comfortable to sitting. I think the clinical term is Ants in the Pants but don't quote me on that.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

^Better than a case of dongle dick.

Or is it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Wburn

Finished a large scenario with CMANO, finally got the skill of knocking out AD and radar sites with cruise missiles and aircraft. Submarine skills still lacking, can't seem to get my russkie subs on station in first scenario of Northern Inferno campaign. Everytime I transit past the ice cap the ASW forces are on me.  I think large scenarios in CMANO are  improving my ADD. When I get frustrated now, instead of starting 3 other games and quitting. I pick up the manual.

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on April 07, 2019, 02:34:32 PM
^Better than a case of dongle dick.

Or is it?

I had to look that up. I am not the better for it.

On a slightly similar sounding ailment my dog did get neutered though this weekend while we were away.  Country vets are awesome. Get your dog fixed and then help with Hardware disease.

Overall the weekend was like this

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Twiki wants you to smile. Not frown.

Kushan

I think my love affair with The Division 2 has just about run its course for the moment. Don't regret paying full price for it. I've played it almost exclusively since it launched. But for the moment I find myself more and more pissed off with some of the game mechanics then having fun. I'll still be playing it here and there but time to focus on other things. Going to relax tonight and watch some Game of Thrones S1 and do some work on El Dorado Canyon for CMANO, and maybe watch some videos in preparation for jumping into the DCS F-14 this week as work allows.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Staggerwing

Quote from: Moreb on April 07, 2019, 07:11:28 PM
Twiki wants you to smile. Not frown.

"Gee Buck!"

"L'Chaim"
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys