Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Ted

I saw all that gear and went green with jealousy, but then I realised: same pedals as me!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Father Ted on February 24, 2021, 01:38:16 PM
I saw all that gear and went green with jealousy, but then I realised: same pedals as me!

The green with envy was just caused by the back lights...

Yeah, I take quite a bit of criticism over those pedals in the DCS forums and groups..."why have all that fancy gear and then have cheap pedals...?"  The answer for me is that they work. It's that simple. I fly modern fighters for the most part and the only time I really use rudder is on the ground when taxing. Sometimes I might use them for slight adjustments when rolling in while using CCIP. Sometimes, if I fly a 3rd gen or late 4th gen aircraft, they get more use, or in anything rotary, but that is all a fraction of my flight time. Some day I may upgrade to Crosswinds or something, just to avoid the ridicule...we'll see.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Father Ted

As you say - horses for courses.  I've no problem with mine, apart from the potentiometer for the left brake being dodgy - but these days all I fly is WW1 so brakes not an issue.  And for the price of a "decent" set of pedals I could probably upgrade my CPU which would enhance my flying experience much more.

Jarhead0331

Gets the blood pumping...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

When my dad got out of the Marines, for a brief time he worked for a small airline in Arizona called Summit Airlines.  We're talking a long time ago, maybe 1985 so the details are murky, but somehow he got a hold of the cockpit seat of some airplane they were scrapping and he brought it home for me.  I had an Atari 1200XL and SubLogic Flight Simulator (the first game I bought with "my" money for $50!!!) and I was way into it.  He brought home that seat and I sat it in front of my desk, and when I would fly my flight simulator I would even buckle the shoulder harness and lap belts.

Good stuff, man.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Thomm

Yeah, but those bombs are retarded!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Thomm on March 06, 2021, 10:39:50 AM
Yeah, but those bombs are retarded!

You mean gravitationally challenged.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

hellfish6

There's a Phantom in DCS?

Toonces

^ Don't tease me, bro.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

These are all based on FC3 avionics.

Open beta VSN mods:

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=b6O86Ll4

Stable build VSN mods:

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=duuqITUb

General list -

- VSN_E2D (Modell ED)

- VSN_F4E

- VSN_F4E_AG

- VSN_F5E (Modell Belsimtek)

- VSN_F5N (Modell Belsimtek)

- VSN_F14A (Modell VNAO)

- VSN_F14B (Modell Heatblur)

- VSN_F15E A-10A Avionik

- VSN_F15E_AA F-15C Avionik

- VSN_F16A A-10A Avionik

- VSN_F16AMLU

- VSN_F16CBL50

- VSN_F16CBL52D Su-25T Avionik

- VSN_FA18C

- VSN_FA18C_AG

- VSN_FA18C_Lot20 (Modell ED)

- VSN_FA18C_Lot20_AG (Modell ED)

-VSN_ F-18D

- VSN_FA18F (Modell VNAO)

- VSN_FA18F_AG (Modell VNAO)

- VSN_F22

- VSN_F-35

- VSN_Harrier (Modell RAZBAM)

- VSN_M2000 (Modell RAZBAM)

- VSN_TornadoGR4

- VSN_TornadoIDS

- VSN_JAS37Viggen (Modell Leatherneck)

- VSN_Eurofighter

- VSN_F104G

-VSN_F105D & G

- VSN_Su34 (Modell ED)

- VSN_UFO

- VSN_SEM (Super Étendard Modernisé)

- VSN_Jas-39 Gripen

-VSN_F80
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

Oh crap, I didn't need to see that.

Ok, tomorrow while my wife is out showing houses I might start figuring out a new cockpit set up in the office.  Asking forgiveness vs. permission type thing.

Gusington

Isn't it your office though?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Now that my wife has fully embraced working at home, it's our office. 

I really need a bigger boat house.

Gusington

^That is The Suck. My study is the one place I can attempt to go to escape everyone else in the house. It is clearly mine  :smitten:

FIGHT FOR YOUR OFFICE COMMANDER

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd