Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Nice video Toonces.  Is that a fully functional virtual cockpit your using?  I'm so not ready for that kind of flying!  Eventually I have to graduate from piston props to jet fighters but I need a lot of practice first.

Quote from: -budd- on August 03, 2014, 02:42:56 PM
Every time i see footage like this i want to invest in a gaming rig. Nice strafing footage, scenery sure has come along way since i did flight sims... i think it was called Ace patrol. Thanks for sharing.

Flight sims sure have come a long way.  I remember Ace Patrol but never played it.  My main experience was with SWOTL and Dynamix's Aces over the Pacific. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 03, 2014, 05:55:57 PM
Quote from: Toonces on August 03, 2014, 05:24:22 PM
Sure you did.  The first song is the opening music from the Crusades campaign.  This is music from the Kingdoms expansion, not vanilla.

dont make me reinstall it!

You know you have a gaming problem when the background music in a video makes you want to play a game other than the one featured in the actual video footage.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Here's another War Thunder clip of my He-111 bomb run.  This is arcade mode and the objective of the mission is to bomb out the enemy bases, shoot down his aircraft, and take out some ground targets.  My bomb load is 8 250kg bombs.  I head over to the right hand side enemy base and on the way over my crew says hello to a passing enemy Wellington in the form of 7.92mm machine gun fire.  Nothing comes out of this brief exchange except maybe a few laughs. 

Then it's on to bombing my target.  I score a few hits then after my bomb load is reloaded (this is arcade mind you so mid air bomb reloads happen) I swing left to begin my next run.  Then I spot a Ju-87 on my 12 o'clock low and think he's on his way to bomb our base.  Except this guy must have seen me and decides he's some kind of Focke Wulf superstar and decides to pursue and engage me!  Well watch what happens when this Stuka takes on my lumbering bomber...

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

TheCommandTent

Quick and dirty video from my campaign with Sparta in Rome II.  These are my four units of veteran cavalry trying to find the enemy's flank and turn it.

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

JudgeDredd

Well...that's a waste of bandwidth and time!  >:(

The video looked superb on my computer, I uploaded it to Youtube which took a bloody hour, then another 20 minutes to process the damn thing and it comes out looking like some 1990 video capture!

Anyway - here's a vid of me trading in Elite:Dangerous and showing how fast you can die in the FDS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_trRa3KgLA&feature=youtu.be

How the hell do you embed??
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 20, 2014, 05:28:07 AM
Well...that's a waste of bandwidth and time!  >:(

The video looked superb on my computer, I uploaded it to Youtube which took a bloody hour, then another 20 minutes to process the damn thing and it comes out looking like some 1990 video capture!

YouTube modifies your vids with their own filters.  Even if the original vid is pristine, it can still make it grainy.

Anyway - here's a vid of me trading in Elite:Dangerous and showing how fast you can die in the FDS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_trRa3KgLA&feature=youtu.be

How the hell do you embed??

Hit the "YouTube" button in the reply console, above the smilies.  Then paste the url between the pair of brackets.  I usually take out the "s" in the url's "https" because some forums embedding feature won't show such secure links (although this one may so it could be unnecessary).

JudgeDredd

As for the quality, how come other peoples videos upload in HD?
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

Thanks Bayonetbrant  O0

It wasn't removing the S Nef - I just followed BB's instructions and there she blows! But thanks anyway
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

Did you forget to put your shields up?

JudgeDredd

Shields were up and full power...as was my hull 100%. Unfortunately such is the violence of a collision in the game at the moment.  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

ooohhh....seems it does go to HD. Goody  ;D
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

holy fk - i see the collision problem now! lmao - ive never seen that before - yeah thats difficult to avoid

and youre the only other person ive seen thats chosen the christmas tree!

JudgeDredd

lol - SEE! It's fast and violent. That's why I hope they tame it down. I think it should have a huge impact on your ship - but not taking it out entirely...it's just something that's very hard to avoid. The one that hit me wasn't even the one that I was engaging.

I did think there was a need for the tree as this year has passed so fast!
Alba gu' brath

-budd-

I was looking through my games and just one of those days you can't decide what to play, if anything.  Open games, close games,.....nothing strikes you. I decided to revisit Doorkickers. This game has got to be the poster child for how to do early access right.
I think i got in at alpha 5 or 6. It was playable and fun then and it's more playable and fun now. I have been playing it off and on again, but not at all since alpha 10. It's now at beta 2 and set for final release no later than November. The Dev's have consistantly improved and added to the game.

Deployment......check
experience&levels......check
perks....... check
snipers.......check
outfitting troopers ...... check
go code chaining ... check
enemies throw grenades ..... check
throw grenades around corners ... check
Editor ......check
Random map gen .... check
workshop support .... check
and more................haven't seen anything about multi story buildings yet.

this game may be the best example on how to do early access right. I cannot recommend this game enough if the material interests you at all.

I started a new game and i'm going through the early stages getting my troopers experience and earning perks. You can also assign roles to your troopers, some need to be unlocked and some weapons need to be unlocked with stars you earn. I'm still in the early levels.

That's a sniper off screen on the right picking off enemies. He targets automatically, but as far as i can seen you have to click on his fire button to get him to shoot, but this is the first level i've seen him so there might be more to it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.