Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Nice flying there!  I couldn't tell if it was a confirmed kill but that sopwith triplane must have been obliterated by your fire you were so close to him at the end.

Then those two Nieuports jumped you later but you did a great job landing.  I laughed out loud when after you landed you first pulled out the flare gun then the automatic and took pot shots at them!  They should have left you alone when you landed though.  Not very chivalrous of them.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on January 04, 2015, 11:58:37 AM
Nice flying there!  I couldn't tell if it was a confirmed kill but that sopwith triplane must have been obliterated by your fire you were so close to him at the end.

He went down so fast, I didn't see him until I noticed a tiny pile or rubble on the ground a bit later.  I had 'buck fever' the first few bursts but that last one I took the time to aim for the cockpit and gave it a steady burst.  Figured I probably insta-killed that digipilot with a few bullets through the head.

Then those two Nieuports jumped you later but you did a great job landing.  I laughed out loud when after you landed you first pulled out the flare gun then the automatic and took pot shots at them!  They should have left you alone when you landed though.  Not very chivalrous of them.

Actually it was two Nieuports and what looked to be at least one Sopwith (Strutter?) that jumped me in the end.  Maybe that Tripe pilot was their buddy and they were hell bent on vengeance?

There is an AAR contest on Syndicate today.  They're running an East Front scenario and giving the winner with the best AAR an Ilya Murmoets bomber in ROF (now that they've merged the Muromets stuff with ROF).  There is some insane dogfights going on.  I've been lucky thus far, despite always being outnumbered, and got two kills for zero deaths.   That probably won't last long.  I've been in a Halberstadt D.II scout getting jumped by pairs of Russkie Nieuport 17s while trying to take out their bombers, having a fun time.  Got a couple recordings of the mix-up.  I'm not gonna submit them for the contest (I hate video editing), just there for the fun.

Nefaro

This was my first 1v2 run-in of the day.  They were having an event on Syndicate server now that the Ilya Muromets sim has been merged with Rise of Flight.  It was an East Front scenario, Austria-Hungary vs Russia.

I tallied both of them before fully engaging, so managed to avoid the drag & bag they were set up for.  I would've been dead if I had taken after the first one without checking around again.  I've come to expect it when there are quite a few people on the server using Teamspeak.

Nefaro

The second flight.

Every time I tried attacking the bombers that day, I ended up with a pack of Russkies on my back even after looking for them beforehand.

Nefaro

Also posted in the WT thread:

Rayfer

Nefaro....cool ending with the enemy plane...!

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on January 07, 2015, 10:58:16 AM
Nefaro....cool ending with the enemy plane...!

My brain wasn't quite functioning that match. 

I actually thought I had chosen to respawn in a AAA machine, but it was actually the noob Tier I Russian "tank destroyer".  And I was in a Tier II match!

You can see I keep looking skyward, attempting to target the enemy aircraft flying overhead after first respawning.  I was asking myself, "Why the fook won't this damn gun elevate?!  And why is it so damn SLOW to move?!".  LOL.  It made the ending even more hilarious when it happened.  I expected semi-auto gunfire to come out when I held down the fire button.   :2funny:   I actually did plan my aim down the path I expected him to appear in front of me after the strafing, though, so lining that up certainly helped.

jomni

Teaser of our upcoming airport.  Took almost a year to make.

Rayfer

That's quite amazing Jomni.....wow!

jomni

Quote from: Rayfer on January 09, 2015, 09:07:54 PM

Credit goes to the 3D modeller that I'm working with.  O0

Rayfer

Quote from: jomni on January 09, 2015, 09:41:25 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on January 09, 2015, 09:07:54 PM

Credit goes to the 3D modeller that I'm working with.  O0

Is this like a mod others who own the game can download and use or a business venture to sell as a dlc? I don't own the game but I am curious.

jomni

since we used freely available object libraries shared by the mod community in addition to our 3d models, we cannot sell this as a product. So this is a Free dowload.  If we were to make all objects ourselves, then we can sell the airport. But that would be a lot of effort

RooksBailey

Been working my way through the Frozen Synapse campaign - I desperately want to be one of the 1.4% of owners who complete all 54 missions  :) - and encountered one heck of a tough mission today.  In this setup, the player gets two RPGs, one MG, and one shotty to take on...three times that number of AI.  :o  What makes the mission even tougher is that you need to defend an "elevator" from the AI.  That is, if an AI even gets one toe in the green zone for a second, you will lose the scenario.  Yeah, tough.  Well, after about 15 tries  :tickedoff: I finally got a victory!  I think you can see how tough this was just by how frantically my units were running from one side of the elevator to another, taking out threats as fast as they could.

Considering how poorly I did in previous runs, I am amazed that I didn't lose a single vatform, and only lost one yellow civilian.   ^-^  As suspected, victory was determined by the random terrain favoring me, as well as a lot of luck!

EDIT: Rewatching the vid, I realize I did lose a unit.  My shotty was killed by a sniper.   :buck2:
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Rayfer

RB....that was quite interesting and quite fast paced and frantic.  The intro mentioned 10 turns....they all played out in one minute? I don't own the game so I was a bit confused by that.

Barthheart

Quote from: RooksBailey on January 14, 2015, 01:28:02 AM
Been working my way through the Frozen Synapse campaign - I desperately want to be one of the 1.4% of owners who complete all 54 missions  :) - and encountered one heck of a tough mission today.  In this setup, the player gets two RPGs, one MG, and one shotty to take on...three times that number of AI.  :o  What makes the mission even tougher is that you need to defend an "elevator" from the AI.  That is, if an AI even gets one toe in the green zone for a second, you will lose the scenario.  Yeah, tough.  Well, after about 15 tries  :tickedoff: I finally got a victory!  I think you can see how tough this was just by how frantically my units were running from one side of the elevator to another, taking out threats as fast as they could.

Considering how poorly I did in previous runs, I am amazed that I didn't lose a single vatform, and only lost one yellow civilian.   ^-^  As suspected, victory was determined by the random terrain favoring me, as well as a lot of luck!

I remember that mission! What a pain.  :tickedoff: Finally got it after about 10 tries.  :knuppel2: I always lost at least 1 vatform so nice job!  O0