Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Started by RedArgo, December 18, 2018, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Yeah I was hoping it would be on sale right now too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

You guys are such cheap bastages. How many quality Age of Sail games to you have to choose from now? The developer deserves the support!  O0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 17, 2020, 07:04:19 AM
Quote from: Destraex on September 17, 2020, 07:02:06 AM
Confirmed if I get the game right on steam now I get the barbary campaign.
Source: moderators off the steam forum for the game.

I have had it on steam since day one, but can't figure out how to get the DLC....comes up as a purchase for me.

It shows up in my library.  But I bought the base game on their website before it was released on steam.

RyanE

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 17, 2020, 08:17:22 AM
You guys are such cheap bastages. How many quality Age of Sail games to you have to choose from now? The developer deserves the support!  O0

This board truly amuses me.  Almost as much as TheChive, but for different reasons.  All the lamenting and teeth-gnashing about lack of good wargames or creative designs for wargames.  A good developer comes out with a game that is unique and different, and also gets generally good reviews.  The first people on this board do is say they'll wait for a sale.  Way to support a good developer.

bobarossa

The value of a new and innovative game goes down with the number of unplayed games in your inventory. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: RyanE on September 17, 2020, 10:27:21 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 17, 2020, 08:17:22 AM

This board truly amuses me.  Almost as much as TheChive, but for different reasons.  All the lamenting and teeth-gnashing about lack of good wargames or creative designs for wargames.  A good developer comes out with a game that is unique and different, and also gets generally good reviews.  The first people on this board do is say they'll wait for a sale.  Way to support a good developer.

Yup. Sometimes we disappoint me too.  :pullhair:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

I agree, looks interesting and I'll get it at some point.  I'm just too engaged in naval action to even bother with this.

Tripoli

I've enjoyed what little I've played of UA: AoS.  The campaign needs some work. I would definitely consider buying it at full price if you are interested in fighting sail, particularly as there aren't a lot of game available from this era.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 17, 2020, 08:28:12 AM

I have had it on steam since day one, but can't figure out how to get the DLC....comes up as a purchase for me.

It shows up in my library.  But I bought the base game on their website before it was released on steam.

Yep, me too...I was in with the game from day one.

Gusington

OK RyanE then I'll expect my gifted copy in Steam from you any minute now. Glad we can amuse you.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on September 17, 2020, 11:01:38 AM
OK RyanE then I'll expect my gifted copy in Steam from you any minute now. Glad we can amuse you.

Not trying to stir the pot but this exchange reminds me of Joe Pesci and Ray Liotta at the beginning of Goodfellas.  "I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?"   ;D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Well to be honest RyanE's obnoxious comment made me more annoyed the more I thought about it.

Usually people that spend or count other people's money are great at parties.

Anyway, not that it's any of RyanE's business, but I am a very early supporter of Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts, which I commented on a few times up-thread and really enjoy.

And on top of that, I've been a founding member here since 2012 and worked at the Wargamer for 10 years before that. But he still felt the need to post 'way to support a good developer.'

Maybe I'm just sensitive.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

And btw JH's comment on me being a cheap bastage is true. But he can say that because he knows me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Lately I pass on games not because of money cause that's no issue for me.  I'll spare no expense if I feel the need to.  It's the economy of time.  I start triaging the game with an "am I really going to sit down and play this more that a few hours or is it going to Rip me away from what I'm currently obsessively playing."  If the answer is no, I close the steam page and move on.

Destraex

I thought I read somewhere that it may only be available on the beta branch at the moment?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"