Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Started by RedArgo, December 18, 2018, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Great shot. Is there a campaign mode yet?

Waiting for the campaign to be introduced in Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts but having fun in the built out missions and the custom missions in the meantime.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 22, 2020, 09:25:37 PM
^Great shot. Is there a campaign mode yet?

Waiting for the campaign to be introduced in Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts but having fun in the built out missions and the custom missions in the meantime.

There has been a campaign mode for a really long time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

glen55

Quote from: challerain on June 30, 2020, 03:55:52 PM
Anyone have any updated thoughts on this one?  Hankering for some Age of Sail but the reviews, particularly on enemy scaling, aren't the best.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1069650

Quote6. "No adaptation" mode in campaign difficulty. We have to collect data to balance the mode.
7. New feature: you can change the difficulty of a battle. The increment of difficulty will offer a bonus reward, lowering will decrease reward.

I believe "no adaptation" means no scaling, and it's optional. They also finished beta testing and are implementing several features from a darthmod balance mod largely to promote the importance of cannon fire vs boarding, which has been overpowered.

I had a really good time with this game for a while. but kind of ran into a brick wall with the overly difficult later scenarios. I am definitely going to check it out again because these changes sound like just what it needed.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Skoop

So would the no scaling help what your talking about with the later scenarios?

I'm so deep in naval action right now I'll probably never bother with this until it's 5 dolla Christmas sale.

The Dreadnoughts is a different story as there's not much else as an alternative.  That one will be a buy when the campaigns released.

Gusington

^I'm having a ton of fun with Dreadnoughts right now with about 50 pre-built missions and custom missions available, and no campaign yet...which is hard to believe 'cause I love me some campaignin'.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

^ that's good to hear.  I'm getting this at some point, I love the era.

Gusington

Yes - it's clear from what is in the game already that the developer (Nikolas - 'Darth Vader' from Total War modding days) loves it too. It is still a ways behind Age of Sail, as far as the campaign, but very fun with a lot of content already present.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

New "Barbary War" DLC released for free to early access backers.

An important historical period of US history at the beginning of the 19th century is introduced in the new DLC "Barbary War". The DLC is free for all Early Access buyers and transfers the player into the early forming of the United States as a new country, capable of protecting itself and its citizens. You will be able to stop the extortions and atrocities of pirates in North Africa, organize the first landing operation on foreign territory in the history of the United States, and feel the power of "Old Ironsides" USS Constitution and other legendary American ships.

We have fully reworked the movement mechanics of the in-game soldiers, so that their animations and behavior are much smoother and more realistic.
Additionally, we worked on improving the naval AI, making the AI ships to maneuver much more intelligently.

We've fixed a number of crashes and memory leaks and upgraded the game engine. All those improvements have significantly increased the game stability, which was one of our main goals for this update. Unfortunately, there are still some known crash issues and we are working to eliminate them.

Patch notes:

1. Barbary War DLC. The DLC is free for all Early Access buyers.
2. New game engine.
3. Improvements and fixes in naval AI, tuning in Naval AI aiming.
4. Fixes of crash and bug reports.
5. Removed legacy deployment points information from intro maps.
6. Increased the limit of the number of soldiers in battle.
7. Added map navigation on edges of the screen.
8. Hints' appearance time is tuned.
9. Increased range for land artillery and mortars.
10. Various fixes in unit's attributes calculations.
11. Fixed issues with the grouping of units.
12. Fixes of memory leaks.
Many other changes and fixes.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Now that sounds great *runs to Steam*

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

So if I purchase now (on steam it seems that the game is still early access), I get the barbary campaign? Or was this more the early backers before you could purchase the game on steam?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on September 16, 2020, 06:13:50 PM
So if I purchase now (on steam it seems that the game is still early access), I get the barbary campaign? Or was this more the early backers before you could purchase the game on steam?

I believe it is free only for pre-steam early backers. But go double check.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 16, 2020, 06:27:15 PM

I would think "all Early Access buyers" means "all Early Access buyers"  :crazy2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Philippe

Quote from: al_infierno on September 16, 2020, 06:34:44 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 16, 2020, 06:27:15 PM

I would think "all Early Access buyers" means "all Early Access buyers"  :crazy2:

I think all means all.  I'm not a pre-Steam backer but am an Early Access buyer, and it showed up under my DLC tab without my having to do anything.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Destraex

Confirmed if I get the game right on steam now I get the barbary campaign.
Source: moderators off the steam forum for the game.

Still torn since it's single player and not currently on sale.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Destraex on September 17, 2020, 07:02:06 AM
Confirmed if I get the game right on steam now I get the barbary campaign.
Source: moderators off the steam forum for the game.

I have had it on steam since day one, but can't figure out how to get the DLC....comes up as a purchase for me.