Sid Meier's Ace Patrol for iOS

Started by bbmike, May 02, 2013, 05:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

Questions:

What is that eye icon in the lower left?

I've bought all campaigns. How do you buy aces?

TIA
Jim Cobb

Centurion40

I got them when I bought the full package. If you have special paint-jobs, then you have aces, afaik.
That being said, I sometimes get that icon as well.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

Bismarck

Patch 1.4 is up with 64 new missions.
Jim Cobb

Centurion40

Sweet!  Thanks for letting me know!!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Thomasew

Hi,

Re: ... the Eye Icon

If you hold your thumb on the Eye Icon ... you can rotate and tilt your iPad .. to adjust your Point of View etc..  :)

.. instead of using your finger(s) to pan, rotate .. etc.

Great Game ..  :)

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Barthheart

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

Barthheart

Ace Patrol now out on Steam for the PC!  :o

Keunert

The game is not bad at all, but doesn't it bother you that the big name Molyneux basically just ripped off the Wings of Glory boardgame? They actually are doing their own ios port at the moment.
the only addition worth mentioning is doing the game in 3D, compared to the 2D approach of BigDaddyCreations.

it just came to my mind that Ace Patrol is highly praised but there is really no innovation on the part of the developper.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Barthheart

Yes it's pretty much the same as Wings of Glory.
But, in all honesty, I'll believe there's a computer version of WoG when it's released. There have been so many false starts on trying this.
Plus I believe the Big Daddy version is the WWII WoG first, so we'd still have to wait for a turn based WWI fighter game.

Ace Patrol is a really good game.
I'll probably pick up the PC version as well.

Keunert

btw how were you able to beat me that clear Barthheart? is it possible to bring special aces into multiplayer or are all players restricted to unexperienced stock pilots?
Oscar Wilde

Windigo

Barthheart

Superior skill and knowledge my friend.  8)

It's all in how you set up your pilots at the start. Everyone starts with rookies, no specials allowed.
I usually take immelmann ability, crack shot, armour, extra gun on all my pilots then add in whatever uses up the left over points.
Keep you altitude high when ever possible, getting trapped near the ground can be deadly.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Keunert on August 28, 2013, 08:52:39 AMbtw how were you able to beat me that clear Barthheart?

Quote from: Barthheart on August 28, 2013, 08:59:01 AMSuperior skill and knowledge my friend.

no, really...  ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Keunert

i do not even remember a set up phase before multiplayer?
Oscar Wilde

Windigo