Star Trek Voyager Actor Busted for Exposing Themselves to Children

Started by BanzaiCat, September 15, 2015, 09:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

'Star Trek: Voyager' Actress Arrested for Allegedly Flashing Children

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/star-trek-voyager-actress-arrested-allegedly-flashing-children-224829186.html

QuoteJennifer Lien has been arrested for allegedly going where no "Star Trek: Voyager" cast member has gone before. Nor should they.

Lien, who played Kes on the sci-fi series, was arrested at her Harriman, Tennessee, home on Sept. 3, on two counts of exposing herself to a child under the age of 13, ABC affiliate WATE said.

Deputies from the Roane County Sheriff's Office initially arrived at her home to deliver a detainer summons, however, they were informed by dispatch that there was an active warrant out on Lien for the exposure charges.

Now...

...uh...

if you HAVEN'T seen her lately...

SPOILERS: IT AIN'T PRETTY

...starting to slide down that slippery slope, I think.

Wanna see her mugshot?

HA! OF COURSE YOU DO!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Damn.

Well, Kes did turn out evil in the series. Maybe it was typecasting?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Why couldn't it be Jeri Ryan exposing herself to me?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

It's my understanding that they let her character go because they wanted to keep the Voyager cast at a nice 9 (I think it was 9). The guy playing Harry Kim (Garrett Wang) was the character on the chopping block, but somehow he managed to get into People Magazine's '50 Most Beautiful' of 1997, and that convinced them to keep him on board. So they got rid of Lien.

I've seen the story before, but the guy on this site does a better job than I at telling the story.

https://www.sffchronicles.com/threads/22631/

QuoteThis is one of the hottest and most controversial topics on some trek related bulletin boards.

But here is the story, heck I have heard it so many times, I can say it by heart.

Originally Garrett Wang (Harry Kim) was to be fired from Voyager.

All cast members original contracts (with the exception of Kate Mulgrew I think) expired at the end of season 3, and where being renegotiated.

Originally the cliffhanger to season 3 was not suppose to involve the Borg or Species 8472, but actually meant to be "Year of Hell, Part 1", already forshadowed in the Kes episode "Before and After". Also it is to note that "Year of Hell" orginally didn't involve time ships, reset buttons or any of that jazz, it was a medium sized arc for season 4 showing what happens when Voyager gets into bad trouble.

But at the time it was decided that some new fresh blood needed to be introduced into the show (to help boost the ratings), and thus the producers decided on creating the character of a Human, Aassimilated into the Borg at a young age and then forced by Janeway to be reintroduced back into human society. So the entire Scorpian plot was developed from there.

Now the sticking point was that the producers wanted to keep the cast at 9 members, not have it go up to 10, so somebody had to go. And originally it was to be Garrett Wang.

The Producers didn't particularly like Wang and he was known to be lazy (he was suspended from 2 episodes late in season 3 - "Blood Fever" and another one due to his constant lateness to the set every day).

At the end of Scorpian Part 1, Harry Kim, after being striked by Spieces 8472 was dying - thus killing off the character.

But something happened during the summer hiatus that changed everything - Garrett Wang was choosen as one of People Magazine's 50 most beautiful people for 1997. The producers, for goodness knows what reason saw this as a sign and decided to keep Wang. But at this time Jeri Ryan had already been signed onto the cast and the producers need to get rid of one of the cast members. The axe unfortunately fell on the lovely neck of Jennifer Lien.

Some people accuse Jeri Taylor of delivering the pink slip, though I for one do not know.

So the episode "The Gift" was written at the last minute as a send off for Kes.

Personally I am disapointed Kim stayed and Kes left. Kim spent the next four years hanging around like a wet rag, and the few decent episodes he had (Timeless etc) while good, could of been done by any character. (Actually it is my opinion that Paris would of been more suited for Timeless then Kim).

On the other hand Kes had come into her own during season 3 with fantastic Kes episodes like "Warlord" and "Before and After" and a great b-plot in "Darkling" plus she already had storylines in the work for her for season 4 (the retouched version of "Year of Hell" is just one).

She was also one of the most unique characters in trekdom, and it was a shame she never got the chance to proberly develop.

And just a note on Jennifer Lien's slight weight gain in "Fury". Jennifer Lien had by that stage, dropped out of the Showbiz scene and was starting a college course, thus she had no real need to stay thin and went to a dress size that she was comfortable with. Heck - gaining weight is something many of us do in college! Including myself!

All drug addiction rumours that have circulated that internet about Jennifer Lien are totally false and incredibly nasty.

So that is the story...

And back to your regularly-scheduled WTF moment, already in progress.

mirth

BanzaiCat

Meanwhile, Jeri Ryan has managed to remain hot.

It's sad in many ways. I wasn't a huge Kes fan myself as her character always felt like she was tacked on and not really thought through. Also seems like the actor herself has some mental issues going on and always has had 'em.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Quoteat her Harriman, Tennessee, home

says it all really  ::)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

Clearly in the days I imagined Kes nude, I should have attached a time limit to my fantasy.................................... ???

Google the actress who played little sister Joni in Happy Days sometimes. Could be this chick's neighbor in the trailor park.

But yeah, Jerri Ryan....yumm!!!

OJsDad

I always thought Tess was kind of whiny.  Never really thought the gal that played her was all that hot either..
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on September 16, 2015, 09:55:10 PM
Never really thought the gal that played her was all that hot either..

Turns out you were right.

BanzaiCat