Star Wars: SPOILER INSIDE

Started by BanzaiCat, December 17, 2015, 12:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Well they need something because they do go through a whole bunch of troops fast.  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

***Spoilers****

So at this point, I think the big mystery is, who is Rey's parents?  I think everyone wants us to believe she is Luke's kid and certainly could be, but I wonder if that is a misdirect...things that point that way....

- Basically same story as Luke
- Grew up on desert planet, left there
- Wore the same clothes
- Both had land speeder type vehicles
- She has a high level of the force
- Luke's lightsaber calls to her
- Knows how to fix things and fly
- In the last battle scene, she is able to retrieve the lightsaber from the snow, sort of like Luke did on Hoth
- Basically, Luke as a female:)

But I personally think that is too obvious and wouldn't be shocked if it turns out to be someone else...possible candidates.

- Han and Leia (although a lot of questions to answer there)
- Some relation to Obi-Wan
- Maybe even a relation to someone on the darkside like the Emperor
- Some other Jedi/dark side family that we really have never seen in a movie
- etc.

Although they would have to explain a lot, kind of like her being the daughter of Han and Leia, much better story line when brother vs sister, versus cousins battling it out....some things to support that....

- Kylo saved her during the Jedi massacre in the dream sequence...must have been important to him or someone he worked for
- Although we didn't see it, I believe Kylo is the one who left Rey on the planet..when the person grabs her hand, it looks like the hand of that monster who Rey sells her stuff too....can't imagine Luke or Han leaving a little girl in his care
- Throughout the movie, he seemed really intrigued about the girl
- Much better story of brother vs sister:)

I guess we have two years to figure it out:)

MikeGER

or another theory:

the force sometimes is just strong in someone without any Jedi-parents ...like young Anakin was, wasn't he?
(IIRC, he even was a 'virgin birth'! ...by the force?) 
...and all those younglings that were found by Jedis while traveling, and got accepted and schooled at the Jedi temple ...and killed in episode 3

so it would be a fresh start for the Good Side (The Force Awakens), and she can be developed into a kind of a loose Joan of Arc- variation/reffering in the upcomming plot... well, without the bad ending of course 

Grim.Reaper

Anything is possible, so certainly an option.....although I think the writers will opt for something more dramatic and having some kind of relationship with a key figure...but who knows

MetalDog

I said Rey and Ren as soon as my daughter and me got out of the movie.  So, Han and Leia.  WHY they would split the kids and leave Rey, alone, I don't know, but, it would be fairly simple to explain in the next movie.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Just came from it...enjoyed it very much. It was special to watch it with my kids.

I too have many questions, including - who the hell was Max Von Sydow supposed to be??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: MetalDog on December 22, 2015, 10:17:47 PM
I said Rey and Ren as soon as my daughter and me got out of the movie.  So, Han and Leia.  WHY they would split the kids and leave Rey, alone, I don't know, but, it would be fairly simple to explain in the next movie.

The only thing I find hard to believe is that during this entire movie talking about their Son, not one time did they mention a daughter...just seems like that would come out.  But who knows, I am sure they can explain anything:)

MetalDog

Where the Force, and Disney, is concerned, anything is possible :)

MikeGER

Quote from: Gusington on December 22, 2015, 10:41:16 PM
Just came from it...enjoyed it very much. It was special to watch it with my kids.

time passes fast here in Grogheads halls, but aren't your kids IIRC still very young?
Well. wannabe-Vader (in opposite to the original) gives only nightmares to the mountaintroll emperor for underachieving , and the young female lead charcater Rey is strong and fearless ...and good as identification person in the movie for little princesses watching
but i found the sudden and harsh death of Han by the hands of his own son might induce fears of loss
(well, i am lightyears far from a child psychologist ...so just a kitchen game table thought, ...before moving counters on it again)     

MikeGER

Quote from: MetalDog on December 22, 2015, 10:17:47 PM

the easy Disney rinse and repeat approach would be: siblings ...again!
female sibling existence was hidden/or declared dead at birth  and so stolen by a 'darkside - spoofed' medical-robot-unit to later get raised to the dark side.
But Luke / or "The Force" (fate) intervented and Rey got in the hands of a common couple, whose civilian-transportship got en-route to somewhere assaulted by pirates/slavehunters, and so toddler-Rey somehow stranded on the dessert planet in the hand of a junkdealer....
.. i hope she didn't also had to lower-division Pod-race on Jakku in her early years  ;)
(DarthDisney whispers ..but a new Pod racer collection are good toys to sell, and a CGI sequence fills the movie with additional minutes of high-octane action for the young attenders who where to young to marble at the episode 1 sequences ...)   

MetalDog

Sounds good to me, Mike!  You ever think about going in to the movie business?

Grim.Reaper

At least we know we have a year and a half to speculate about all this stuff....that is part of the charm of Star Wars:)

They stayed pretty true to the past formula in this first movie and people mostly enjoyed and welcomed it.....they probably will stick to their formula.  And then explore all the unique and different things in all those side movies they have planned.

MikeGER

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 23, 2015, 09:20:31 AM
....that is part of the charm of Star Wars:)
+1

that
and reallife "Howard/Leonard"-ish students (and maybe even in a future BBT episode also) already trying to build all kind of working BB8tes ...but i would like to see how this ball navigate the staircases in the BBT house upstairs?

i bet soon a fleet of BB8s will roll around the 26,7km tunnel circle footpath of the LHC for inspection purpose when the collider is offline between experiments  8)   

Gusington

My kids are now 7 and 9. Prime Star Wars initiation time :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback