The Greatest Showman

Started by BanzaiCat, December 26, 2017, 10:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

...I just saw it, and it's fantastic.

I'm not usually much for musicals, but damn. Wolverine can sing AND dance. The choreography is terrific, the songs are good, the film's editing is done with precision, and it's just a really good time. Highly recommend it.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 26, 2017, 10:25:07 PM
Wolverine can sing AND dance.

He did a great opening routine at the Oscars one year, and was in a production of Oklahoma! for a bunch of years, and (I think) he has a Tony award for a Broadway musical, too.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Honestly had no idea Hugh Jackman ever did anything like that, but judging from this performance that's obviously a side of him I wasn't aware of. :)

Barthheart

He's also in Les Miserables.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1707386/

Very well production as well.

Martok

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 26, 2017, 11:14:09 PM
Honestly had no idea Hugh Jackman ever did anything like that, but judging from this performance that's obviously a side of him I wasn't aware of. :)
While the film itself is of debatable quality, his performance in Baz Luhrmann's Australia makes me not surprised that he has a passion for this. 

And lest there be any doubt that The Greatest Showman is something about which he is personally enthusiastic, just watch this clip: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

jamus34

He was actually in the Broadway production of "The Boy from Oz" and won a Tony for it.

Jackman's for real as far as having singing / dancing cred.
Insert witty comment here.