undercovergeek

Quote from: Vlam on March 12, 2013, 06:09:12 PM
Hello everyone, I'm here.
I'll go with Gath!

Here he is - welcome vlam

Gath was my second choice - good skills

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 12, 2013, 05:41:59 PM
Well, I was the one to suggest a Middle Age game to complement the EA and LA games running; plus that would give us a potentially less cramped map to play on. (The EA game looks even more cramped than this one could be! MY HOURS OF MATH SKILZ ARE JUSTIFIED!!!!)

Let's make sure this one is up and running first before someone volunteers to Llamahost a MA game, though. :)

Agree with everything, although yskonyn won't be in for MA but I bet Huw will - as you say let's get the map/pretenders and game sorted for LA first

JasonPratt

In alphabetical order thus far:

Byrdman57: goes with Midgard, the LA version of Vanheim, somewhat balancing against Corwin's Utgard.

Corwin123: wells up in tears of joy with Utgard!

Huw the Poo: wins with the Ashen Empire (unless maybe Bogarus can stop him).  ;D

JasonPratt: I've decided to go with the eastern human Jomon Daimyos, the samurai faction.

Parone: goes with C'tis, the mummy lizards of the Desert Tombs!  8)

Phobos: Bogarus (a nation added in the 3.14 patch, so not mentioned in the printed instructions, probably). Basically Dom3's version of medieval Russian Orthodox, mixed with some pagan Russian mythology.

Undercovergeek: picks Pythium, i.e. First Age Ermor but in late age and with some snakes.

Vlam: Gath, the last of the Semitic Giants.

Yskonyn (the game host): Return(s) with "of the Raptors of Caelum".

That's nine players so far (not counting whoever may join the game after this post) -- have I missed any?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

byrdman57

Just to clarify the first post, are we all in agreement that we'll be using CBM 1.94?

Phobos

I am not bothered by what mods are used.  Variety is the spice of life, so it will be interesting to see the differences in play that CBM might bring.  Those sprite mods are also very nice, I think i'll use them for the next single player game I play.

I'm not fussy though, so I'll abstain from voting for any particular mods.

parone

ya.  i really prefer cbm.  things get too wacky with gemgens

parone

oh, and one word of warning:

starting 3 games at once is a little crazy.

the first 20 turns or so are really quick and fun, but if you were lucky enough to get to mid game(turn 45 or so) with sizeable empires in three games at once, you'd be putting ALOT of time into dominions everyday.

i've been really carefull to never have two midgames going at once(it's pretty easy, since i am routinely the first guy eliminated).  some vets say they can do a turn in 10 minutes.  but im no vet.  a midgame turn can take me close to an hour(admittedly, im a bit of a dunce), but still, i recommend against starting 3 games at once.

Phobos

I'm currently at turn 56 in one of my games.  I can't imagine putting in much more than 15 minutes into a turn, that includes sending it.  If it takes much longer than 5 minutes, I typically save and come back to it later.

The only thing that takes a while is blood hunting; mass collecting slaves via the z shortcut, then giving slaves back to the commanders that are supposed to have them.

I suggest you look at the shortcuts, which you can view by entering the '?' key.  Copy/Pasting orders via keyboard shortcuts also saves a lot of time. 

parone

well, perhaps it's a me thing.  i find it is the rescripting of mages/reordering of troop formations, along with trying to anticipate enemy moves that sucks up my time. 

in any case, onward and good luck to all!

undercovergeek

i may be the same as you Parone - if we go 3 games are you  not in for the MA one?

Vlam

I would love MA too.

By the way, I'm playing Gath because Ulm is already taken :P .

JasonPratt

Right now I'm just trying to figure out what pretender I want to use.

Actually, right now I'm at work, wishing I was where I could try to figure out what pretender I want to use.

Actually, right now I'm not doing much of anything that could be even charitably called 'work'. But I am wishing I was where I could try to figure out what pretender I want to use.

Actually, right now I'm trying to figure out how to beat three waves of werewolves, some of whom are burning vapors that I have almost no weapons against. But I am wishing I could try to figure out what pretender I want to use.

Actually, right now I'm wishing I could try to figure out how to beat three waves of werewolves, some of whom are burning vapors that I have almost no weapons against. But I am adding another comment to this thread about the game where I ought to be wishing I could try to figure out what pretender I want to use.

My life is so complex... {world's smallest violin playing}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Huw the Poo

Where the hell are you that you have to fight off waves of werewolves?!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Vlam on March 13, 2013, 11:16:17 AM
I would love MA too.

By the way, I'm playing Gath because Ulm is already taken :P .

ive dropped Ulm Vlam - if you want em, take em

JasonPratt