Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

do you guys mean this game is actually gonn happen? ;D

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 19, 2013, 03:59:47 AM
One more thing: Nefaro are going to join the game afterall? In that case I need to open up another spot, cause we would total 11 players if I am correct.

Hahah!  Yeah.  I offered to join a few pages back. 

That's why I was worried about finding a map suitable for 11 players, lately. 

I PM'd you my email addy a day or two ago. 

If there's room, I'll probably go either Pangaea or T'ien Chi.  Or maybe Atlantis if you guys are okay with a land-based amphibian (but that may be too much without a completely water-based nation in the game).

EDIT:  I'll double check my Pretender (I already have some made) and send him in.  I'll fly with Pangaea this go.  :) 

EDIT EDIT:  Doesn't Ysk have to add my nation to the game host before it'll take my Pretender file?

**** Also note that the current "Land Of Legends" map is too small for 11 land-based Nations.  That's why the suggestion has turned to the vanilla-supplied "Cradle Of Dominion (MP)" map because it's one of the very few that fits 11-12 players (and is well-balanced in placement).

undercovergeek

i think page 1 is short of an update - when you go to the llama server youll see its set up for cradle

LET IT BEGIN!!!!!!!!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on March 19, 2013, 10:39:54 AM
One more thing: Nefaro are going to join the game afterall? In that case I need to open up another spot, cause we would total 11 players if I am correct.

If there's room, I'll probably go either Pangaea or T'ien Chi.  Or maybe Atlantis if you guys are okay with a land-based amphibian (but that may be too much without a completely water-based nation in the game).

EDIT:  I'll double check my Pretender (I already have some made) and send him in.  I'll fly with Pangaea this go.  :) 

EDIT EDIT:  Doesn't Ysk have to add my nation to the game host before it'll take my Pretender file?

**** Also note that the current "Land Of Legends" map is too small for 11 land-based Nations.  That's why the suggestion has turned to the vanilla-supplied "Cradle Of Dominion (MP)" map because it's one of the very few that fits 11-12 players (and is well-balanced in placement).

may Yskonyn slap me if im wrong - but im sure uploading your pretender to the server with the game name as the subject creates your slot

byrdman57

I will cry with happiness if I can take my first turn this evening when I get home from work  :'(

undercovergeek

gameleaper

Quote from: Nefaro on March 19, 2013, 10:39:54 AM

you use game tools in Dom3 to create your god, then locate the file and post it to pretenders@llamaserver.net as an attachment , not body of the email required, but you need to put the name of the game in the subject: A_Dominion_Of_Grogs I think , check the top of this thread.

Nefaro

Oh... it's on!  Already way ahead of you.

Let the destruction begin.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on March 19, 2013, 11:19:19 AM
Oh... it's on!  Already way ahead of you.

Let the destruction begin.

here we go - good luck chaps

gameleaper

Ok, I need to know what happened with my Turn? first I think it all went well but,

do I need to delete the newly created turn from my Dom3 savegames folder? before I get a new turn?
I dont remeber pressing save & exit, just wondering, I went back to see & it said continue, so Im asuming it saved, but Id like to know what happened?

Nefaro

Quote from: gameleaper on March 19, 2013, 11:39:35 AM
Ok, I need to know what happened with my Turn? first I think it all went well but,

do I need to delete the newly created turn from my Dom3 savegames folder? before I get a new turn?
I dont remeber pressing save & exit, just wondering, I went back to see & it said continue, so Im asuming it saved, but Id like to know what happened?

You only have to hit "End Turn" after your orders are done.  Then it'll pop up the same option you had (to take your Nation's turn) again, just like when you first fired it up.  Just exit and then send in the .2h file that's now in the save game folder, as specified in the email with the turn attachment. 

If you select the nation's turn a second time, you'll either edit the commands or start fresh from the start of that turn again (not sure which), but either way any changes will be made in that 2h file so you can go back and change stuff & resubmit before the turn is processed, if need be. 

undercovergeek

click end turn

go to your saved game folder, send that 2H back to the server (to check you actually did something, click back on the game it will ask if you want to start from where you left off or start again)

youll receive a youre turn is received message

at some point in the next 2 days youll get your next turn

download it where ever you download your downloads to

cut it

and paste it into your saved games folder to overwrite the old game

start game

start turn 2 and so on

as a matter of course i save all out going games in a folder so i have them all if needs be - particularly useful for the aar

there will be no 'ta darrrrrr you have now completed your turn and its ready to send to the server' message or noise!!!!! (like i thought there would be!)

gameleaper

Thanks guys, sure was exciting, better than single player for a sence of war.