Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 06, 2013, 09:07:31 AM
They did know.  It's a random event that only comes into play when LA Ermor are in the game.  It's a bad event that happens to other nations, so it's nothing to do with me except for the fact that I benefit from it, heh.  If it happens to you, you will get a message - probably mentioning cultists.

Hrmm.. cultists.   I got my own gaggle of them recently.   :-\  Time to have at their quick deaths!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 06, 2013, 09:07:31 AM
They did know.  It's a random event that only comes into play when LA Ermor are in the game.  It's a bad event that happens to other nations,

as previously mentioned

kill

huw

first

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 06, 2013, 11:26:59 AM
as previously mentioned

kill BURN

huw

first

Fixed that for you. Remember, killing Huw just makes him stronger!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Phobos

I did some research.  The 'cultist' event can be triggered by Marignon, Pangaea or Ermor being present in the game.  They each have their own version.

Friars leading flagellants for Marignon.

Minotaurs leading Maenads for Pangaea

Ermorian Cultists (similar to an independant priest, but can lead Undead troops) leading ghouls.

Cool stuff.  This game is full of surprises.

parone

here is a tip to you fellow grogheads:  do NOT attempt to do your turn in 4 minutes while also trying to drink coffee, put the dog out, feed the dog, stoke the woodstove, pack snacks for school, get your son to brush his teeth and take a phone call from the ex.

you WILL make some very, very large type mistakes...

JasonPratt

Parone -- if you hurry, you can restart your turn from scratch and resend it in!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 07, 2013, 09:08:48 AM
Parone -- if you hurry, you can restart your turn from scratch and resend it in!

this

unless its an attempt to mask an invasion, all sneaky like

youll know the sort i mean Jason

Martok

Quote from: parone on April 07, 2013, 07:31:00 AM
here is a tip to you fellow grogheads:  do NOT attempt to do your turn in 4 minutes while also trying to drink coffee, put the dog out, feed the dog, stoke the woodstove, pack snacks for school, get your son to brush his teeth and take a phone call from the ex.

you WILL make some very, very large type mistakes...
Heh.  Yeah, I can't imagine that would go very well.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 07, 2013, 09:44:24 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 07, 2013, 09:08:48 AM

this

unless its an attempt to mask an invasion, all sneaky like

youll know the sort i mean Jason

::) Doesn't misdirection and masking require that I say things to misdirect and mask??

I mean, I'm good, but obviously I'm not that good!

undercovergeek

Lol..... You twist and turn like a.........

parone

it wasn't this turn, it was the last one.  i made an almost unbelievably stupid mistake.  ahh well. 

parone

anyone know when Ysko is coming home from all his jet-setting?  haha.  literally jet setting.  like, setting jets down in the right place.  im a crappy dom player, but i sure be funny

undercovergeek

Quote from: parone on April 07, 2013, 08:14:58 PM
anyone know when Ysko is coming home from all his jet-setting?  haha.  literally jet setting.  like, setting jets down in the right place.  im a crappy dom player, but i sure be funny

Looks like the server is expecting our turns today unless he stealth ninjas us again!

JasonPratt

Another 12 hours to go more or less to the first game deadline. He's got plenty of time.

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 07, 2013, 05:46:18 PM
Lol..... You twist and turn like a.........

I'm hoping I can convince you that that was all part of my master plan. Or convince you that it wasn't all part of my master plan. I'm not sure at the moment which would be better, but it doesn't really matter, so I'm working both angles. (See: Xanatos Gambit.)