The 2015 Baseball Thread

Started by MetalDog, February 02, 2015, 07:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2015, 01:46:05 PM
I know *why* he did it. I don't like that he did it to a team that had been in the NL since their inception, unlike the Brewers

I think the only team they could have moved that wasn't in the league it was created in was the Brewers.

Since the Brewers had changed divisions twice in the AL, thereby becoming the only team to have been in every division in the league, AND had also changed leagues you can't blame baseball for not moving them again. So whoever they moved would have been an NL team since it's inception.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

Tough shit, then.  Bud made moving the Astros a precondition of McLane selling out to Crane.  Because McLane wanted out so bad, he took it.  Bud was protecting his own family investment at the expense of the first team he could screw over, and the Astros let him.  Fuck that guy.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

You shouldn't mince words, Brant.  Tell us how you REALLY feel!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2015, 07:38:17 PM
Tough shit, then.  Bud made moving the Astros a precondition of McLane selling out to Crane.  Because McLane wanted out so bad, he took it.  Bud was protecting his own family investment at the expense of the first team he could screw over, and the Astros let him.  Fuck that guy.

Well maybe the Astros will have better luck in the AL.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

MetalDog

Which brings me back to what started all this...the Astros are in first place.

Bison

I just want the Astros to go retro and start wearing their uniforms from the 80's again.

MetalDog

I was under the impression those eyesores were buried in the same landfill as those Atari E.T. cartridges...no?

Bison

Duffy pitched a beauty of a game tonight for The Royals against Detroit.  A starting pitcher is the one position I can see the royals making a move to get.  The staff just isn't getting the innings they did last year.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Arctic Blast

The Cubs, Mets, Blue Jays and Astros are all currently playoff teams. WHAT BIZARRO UNIVERSE IS THIS?!

bayonetbrant

Arctic Blast

Well, as the Jays continue their amazing run, The Washington Post has done a really good 3 part series on what happened to the Nationals. Man oh man, Matt Williams lost that locker room long ago.

Part 1 : https://goo.gl/SSu1Iq

2 : https://goo.gl/MkLypD

3 :  https://goo.gl/EaxzmX

Also, man oh man is that franchise in a world of sh*t heading in to the off season.

bayonetbrant

Meanwhile, the Astros have shown that they haven't forgotten how to lose, even though it actually matters right now

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 02, 2015, 05:26:32 AM
Meanwhile, the Astros have shown that they haven't forgotten how to lose, even though it actually matters right now

It sucks for this year, but they're young. Honestly, they're about a mile ahead of where they were supposed to be, and they have a pile of prospects still coming along. If some of their kid pitchers start hitting the level that their young bats have...yikes.